Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

[SOLVED] How to change page title (the one shown on the tab) unique to each page, SEO

Old Mar 25, 2011, 08:26 AM
levenssfeer

30 posts · Oct 2010
I have 3 questions related to this:
1. How to change page title (the one shown on the tab) unique to each page?
2. Does changing this affect SEO?
3. Can you help me with good SEO tips/ know ata SEO article I can apply?
Many thanks in advance
Old Mar 25, 2011, 12:28 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
1. You can set Post / Page Options to Yes in ATO>Configure SEO and then use the available title box when editing a post.
2. What I would recommend is use the WordPress menu system and you can call a tab anything you want.
SEO tips is really beyond the scope of this forum. Do a Google search on SEO and spend a bunch of time reading is the best bet.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 07:38 PM
Jam

1,112 posts · Mar 2011
Perth, Western Australia
I've found that you can change/edit the page title (what's shown on the menu tab), and still retain the permalink for SEO purposes, when using Numeric permalinks (Dashboard/Settings/Permalinks).
So you can have a long, excellent SEO permalink page title, but shortened page title in the menu.
When editing the page, just edit the title and retain (or edit) the permalink.
Keep in mind, if you change the permalink it will change any manual links (or existing google links etc) you've created to that page.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 10:03 PM
levenssfeer

30 posts · Oct 2010
Thank you all, very useful comments, however I noticed that the part after the vertical line is always the same (website name in my case). Is it possible to vary this too per page to contain important keywords?
Thank you very much in advance.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 10:08 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
My current favorite plugin for this is WordPress SEO by Yoast. Be sure to check the box in the Titles settings for Force Rewrite of Titles. At least I had to in my experience.
Old Apr 28, 2011, 04:59 PM
levenssfeer

30 posts · Oct 2010
Cool! Thank you, I'll give it a try.