Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

[SOLVED] Addthis incompatibility: toolbar won't show on excerpts

Old Mar 9, 2011, 08:18 PM
ymf

61 posts · May 2009
A weird problem with Addthis plugin 2.0.4: toolbar won't show on excerpts (see goo.gl/CKiLg).

Using Atahualpa 3.5.3 and WP 3.1.

When temporally switching to WP's default theme, Addthis toolbar shows on excerpts just fine.

Thanks!
Old Mar 10, 2011, 03:35 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
It looks like this plugin is incompatible with Atahualpa. Atahualpa is processing 'the_excerpt' and then AddThis wants to add it's code to the end of 'the_content' but the 'content' has already been processed

I would look for another plugin
Old Mar 10, 2011, 07:06 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Try adding <a> to the Don't strip these tags in ATO>Configure Excerpts. The formatting is a bit messed up though. Another thing that seemed to work is using the manual excerpt box but if you are using a featured image it doesn't float to the left of the excerpts.

I just did some more testing and turning off the top icons for the plugin along with using manual excerpts seems to work the best.

Last edited by lmilesw; Mar 10, 2011 at 07:20 PM.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 08:25 PM
ymf

61 posts · May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmilesw
Try adding <a> to the Don't strip these tags in ATO>Configure Excerpts. The formatting is a bit messed up though.
That worked! I added <div><a><span> to the Don't strip these tags in ATO>Configure Excerpts, and will leave it so for the time being. Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmilesw
Another thing that seemed to work is using the manual excerpt box but if you are using a featured image it doesn't float to the left of the excerpts.

I just did some more testing and turning off the top icons for the plugin along with using manual excerpts seems to work the best.
I am not sure how to use the manual excerpt box, so, never tried this.