Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Help: New page seems to replace default front page!

Old Mar 6, 2011, 08:10 PM
mbuchsbaum

2 posts · Mar 2011
Hi! Maybe this is an easy one! I'm running a Wordpress 3.1 with the Atahualpa 3.5.1 theme. The problem I've got seems to be no matter what new page I add, or where I place it in the menus, it becomes the new default front page.

I've got "Home" listed as the name of the Home Link item in the ATO page menu options and it currently works fine. Clicking Home in the menu on the site takes you to a page with the latest posts.

Now, when I add a new page to the site, call it Ugh, that page now becomes the page that appears when you visit domain.com instead of the other new posts page. The Front Page displays setting in the reading options of WP is still set to Your Latest Posts.

Any idea why new pages replace what is the current default front page? Thanks SO much!
Old Mar 6, 2011, 10:12 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
What have you tried? Do you have a link to the site?
Old Mar 7, 2011, 05:47 PM
mbuchsbaum

2 posts · Mar 2011
Thanks for the reply! Here's things I have done:

- Added a new page to the site, which then became the new front page
- I made sure that the WP Reading option was set to New Posts
- When I delete the newly added page, the front page of the site becomes a themed page with the No Content Available message
- I then followed directions in another post to create a new home page and a new blank posts page and set those as the Front Page and Posts Page in the WP reading options. When browsing to that new page, no posts appeared on it at all
- To get the site back running I just restored a backup DB and all was well

If I can't figure this out, I guess it would be okay to at least be able to create a new page that displays the latest posts and make that a static front page.

The site, if it helps, is http://www.wmespta.com

Thanks again!
Old Mar 7, 2011, 06:00 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
When you set the Reading option for home page to New Posts that is what you should get. Have you tried deactivating any plugins to see if that may be the issue. I haven't use Atahualpa 3.5.1 in a while so you may want to check if there are any bug fixes. Are you using the WordPress or Atahualpa menu? I'm drawing at straws.