Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Post-Kicker, -Byline & -Footer »

Bottom margin results in scrollbar

Old Feb 23, 2011, 05:52 AM
Zenman

24 posts · Feb 2011
On screens with high resolution I want to show my website at its maximum width (955px) and the "auto-resize background-image" has to be visible on the left- and rightside and 15 px on the bottom.

I've set the layout
ATO>Footer>"Sticky footer on short pages" to Yes
(I really want this)

In ATO>Body..>Body
I added:
padding-bottom: 15px;

It works well with one exception, these settings result in a scrollbar. Scrolling down shows the 15px bottom-part. (see http://www.de-a.nl/organisatie)

How do I prevent this scrollbar to appear?

Last edited by Zenman; Feb 23, 2011 at 06:54 AM.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 08:09 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Take a look in ATO>Style & configure Layout>Layout Container Style and take out any padding lines. That should solve your sticky footer issue but you may have to compensate with padding somewhere else.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 09:53 AM
Zenman

24 posts · Feb 2011
Thanks Larry,

I followed your instructions but it did not solve this issue.

I attached my settings-file maybe someone can read it and offer a solution.

Attached Files
File Type: txt ata-wwwde-anl-20110223.txt (18.0 KB, 1411 views)

Last edited by Zenman; Feb 23, 2011 at 11:10 AM.
Old Feb 24, 2011, 11:53 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I am not sure what to tell you. Yesterday Juggledad and I both tried the fix I posted and it worked for both of us. Today I cannot get it to work. It has to do with padding in various areas and the way the javascript for sticking the footer to the bottom works but I gotta get some other work done at moment. Maybe someone else has ideas.