Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » Forum Usage » Forum How-To »

Custom widget area fo reach category

Old Feb 17, 2011, 05:00 PM
Webmason

69 posts · Feb 2009
Minneapolis, MN USA
Hello,

I'm looking for a solution for the following:

I'd like to add a custom graphic (clickable) to the top center column of each category page (there are just 4).

I figure I will have to create a template page for each category, but is there a way to add a unique widget area to the top of each page - or is this not the best way to handle this?

I apologize, but I have never really worked with template pages before and don't really understand their capabilities and how they integrate with atahualpa.

I am using Ata: 3.53 and WP 3.0.5

I will be very thankful for any help here and the more simply you can put it the better. I feel like there must be a relatively simple solution for this.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 09:53 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I can't think of a relatively simple solution. What comes to my mind is creating a new widget area above the loop, and using a couple of plugins. One would be List Category Posts to create four pages for the categories and the other would be Display Widgets to only show the clickable graphic that you put in a widget on the page desired.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 10:28 PM
Webmason

69 posts · Feb 2009
Minneapolis, MN USA
Thanks Larry, I'll look into that solution.
Tom
Old Feb 17, 2011, 11:03 PM
Webmason

69 posts · Feb 2009
Minneapolis, MN USA
This is looking very promising! I think it just may do the trick!

Thank you very much!

Tom