Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

Alternative "Blank Pages" Fix

Old Feb 7, 2011, 12:01 PM
theangrydrunk

1 posts · Feb 2011
Like many others, I was experiencing the "blank pages" problem with versions of Atahualpa above 3.6. The various Suhosin fixes that have been put forward weren't working for me, mainly since my host doesn't have Suhosin installed.

However, I ultimately stumbled upon a a hint in my webhost's PHP help files that led me to a resolution. Specifically the potential for problems in Alternative PHP Cache. Adding the following directive to .htaccess restored the missing content:

Code:
php_flag apc.cache_by_default off
Hopefully this might help some of the people who are still having issues.
Old Feb 7, 2011, 12:16 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Thanks for posting this solution.
Old Feb 7, 2011, 07:09 PM
Amshoot

5 posts · Feb 2011
I tried the line at the beginning and end, not working... Am I doing it correctly? Here is what I posted.

php_flag apc.cache_by_default off

AddHandler php5-script .php

# BEGIN WordPress

# END WordPress

Thanks.

JP
Old Feb 7, 2011, 07:16 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Amshoot - do you have suhosin installed? did you try the php.ini fix?
Old Feb 9, 2011, 03:01 PM
Amshoot

5 posts · Feb 2011
Sorry but new to all this and not sure if I have that installed or not. I did look for the php.ini and could not find it anywhere. I'm using 3.5.3. Sure would like to resolve this, thanks in advance.

JP
Old Feb 9, 2011, 06:41 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
If you are on 3.5.3 you shouldn't have the Suhosin issue.
Old Feb 9, 2011, 06:45 PM
Amshoot

5 posts · Feb 2011
Then any idea why I cannot preview the new release? Suggestions on what to try next?
Old Feb 9, 2011, 06:54 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
oh, if you are trying to preview or activate 3.6.x then you probably do have the suhosin issue and should look at this thread: Try this if you are getting blank page with Atahualpa 3.6.x
Old Feb 9, 2011, 07:02 PM
Amshoot

5 posts · Feb 2011
I've seen this thread, if I had the knowledge to put it all together I would have used it. Too complex for me at the moment. Going to have to sit the sideline until I can get better handle on why and what needs to be done to get the newer versions. Should the update really be this complicated? REALLY???
Old Feb 23, 2011, 12:35 PM
Amshoot

5 posts · Feb 2011
Well I kept digging on my own here and found out where they (hosting provider) had the php.ini file.

They had a "php.ini.sample" file in a "etc" folder... so I just uploaded the php.ini file with that line (modified) to that same folder where the sample file was located and presto it works.

There is a php.ini file download link somewhere in these threads. Find it and download it. I modified the line in the file to: suhosin.executor.include.whitelist = bfa:// and it worked for me.

Thanks for the help!

JP
Old Feb 23, 2011, 12:45 PM
bushtool

93 posts · May 2009
Using Bluehost. Blank page problem went away when I upgraded to 3.1 Wordpress.
Old Mar 23, 2011, 07:12 AM
tinapoppy

3 posts · Mar 2011
sorry where is .htaccess? i have the ability to add code to pages but i've read both the threads about this suhosin problem and i have no idea where i'm supposed to add this supposed code. could someone please send a more elementary answer so that those of us who are not experts can still have a shot at doing this?

thank you!
Old Apr 5, 2011, 03:55 AM
igrowkids

21 posts · Jul 2010
Noosa, Australia
I have same problem - where is .htaccess and php.ini? I would like to attempt the fix before abandoning Ata for another theme....
Old Apr 5, 2011, 04:13 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
the .htaccess file is a file that resides in the Wordpress root folder. You need to use an FTP program to see it. Any file with a '.' is normally invisible. If one doesn't exist, you can create it.

as for where the php.ini file lives, this is a site by site customization. You need to talk to your hosts support to find out where/how you can override items in the php.ini
Old Apr 6, 2011, 12:49 AM
igrowkids

21 posts · Jul 2010
Noosa, Australia
Thanks. Found the .htaccess by selecting hidden files to be visible.

The .htaccess file is entirely blank when I open in the cpanel code editor. I have tried copy/pasting both lines of code individually and I just get an error message on the website. Is this becuase I need to reference this code further in the .htaccess file? Or is it simply not a fix for my setup?
Old Apr 6, 2011, 01:00 AM
igrowkids

21 posts · Jul 2010
Noosa, Australia
OMG OMG OMG! It worked! Toooooooo easy! Downloaded the php.ini file attached to the suhosin fix post. Unziped. Uploaded file to public html and VOILA! There was my website! Beautiful. I love this theme!
Old Apr 6, 2011, 03:37 AM
KatyDigg

319 posts · Jul 2009
WOW ........ wonderful!
Old Sep 19, 2011, 01:39 AM
Fader

19 posts · Jun 2009
well, but this not resolve problem. APC is powerfull cache for php code and it great speed up.
I use nginx + php-fpm for heavy traffic and my VDS hard to deal with it without opcode.
How do I get Atahualpa 3.6.4 with APC?