Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Excerpts, Read more, Pagination »

Thumbnails in excerpts

Old Feb 1, 2011, 04:34 PM
wizrares

4 posts · Jan 2011
Hello,

I am calling again to your vast atahualpa knowledge. I am trying to use thumbnails with the excerpts, so that my category pages would look nicer. The problem is I can't seem to find a good script for that. I use Get the Image, like one user here suggested, and I can't find this section:

HTML Code:
<?php if ( have_posts() ) : while ( have_posts() ) : the_post(); ?>
in the Loop, as it says in the readme file. The same user that posted the suggestion that one should use this plugin for the thumbnails also said that Atahualpa has built-in support for the plugin. Could you help me, please? My site is http://bandafoto.ro
Old Feb 1, 2011, 04:47 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
1) any 'Featured Image' set for a post will show in teh Categor page IF ou have set the category pages to display excerpts

2) there is no 'built in' support for 'Get the Image'
Old Feb 7, 2011, 02:01 AM
Marfieta

8 posts · Jan 2011
Bulgaria
I'm using two plugins that work quite well: Auto excerpt and Auto Post Thumbnail. I'm still working on my page, but you can see the result.