Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » RSS, Feeds & Subscribing »

RSS Feed in Page menu bar ?

Old Feb 1, 2011, 08:38 AM
maggot

3 posts · Feb 2011
Hi everyone,

I would like to know if it possible to put the RSS Feed Button (or other like facebook..) in my page menu bar ?
Because i've only succed to put it up the menu bar or down.. and i want to know if it possible to put it in the same level on the right (my page menu bar is left center)..

Thanks,
Old Feb 2, 2011, 04:13 AM
maggot

3 posts · Feb 2011
Hi,

Thank you for you quick answer.
I'm kind of a newbie with CSS so i'm not sure to understand what code i should put in the CSS insert and where i cand find it (?).
Should i copy the the part of the code for RSS from "bfa suscribe" ? and to put it into the CSS insert ?
I understand how the CSS insert works for the body and the bottom... but i'm not quite sure how i can define the position of my future RSS button in it.

Can you help with it ?

Many thanks,

PS : I went to your website to look your CSS tutorial, i'll keep it around because it's very well explained
Old Feb 2, 2011, 04:55 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
what version of Atahualpa and WP?
What is your URL?

You need to look at the source of the page and then determine what the CSS Selector and CSS Rule you need. for example a CSS Selector might be 'div.searchbox' while a couple CSS rules might be something like 'position:relative; top:-50px;' and put together it would be
HTML Code:
div.searchbox {
position:relative; 
top:-50px;
}
Now this is strictly an example, yours maybe different which is why w3schools.com is such a good resource for learning both CSS and HTML

If you want customize your site even more than the theme options allow, you need to learn some CSS and HTML.

BTW - none of the links in STB signature are sites of their's, they are just links to others peoples helpful sites

Last edited by juggledad; Feb 2, 2011 at 05:01 AM.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 06:07 AM
maggot

3 posts · Feb 2011
Thanks for your answer juggledad.

I have Wp 3.0.4 and Atahualpa 3.4.9
Bu it's seems to be more complicated than i expected... I'm not sure i can do it with my abilities :/
The code i must put in the CSS will be a "complicated" and elaboreted one or do you think a newbie like me can do it ?

Thanks
Old Feb 2, 2011, 07:04 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Think of it as a chance to learn more

Two years ago I did not know any CSS, now I know a lot because I've been working at it.