Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » RSS, Feeds & Subscribing »

[SOLVED] RSS icons disappeared on upgrade to 3.6

Old Jan 5, 2011, 02:46 PM
jkintzele

6 posts · Jul 2009

The RSS icons for my blog articles and blog comments disappeared after I upgraded to 3.6 today, though the text links still appear. Toggling the ATO settings "Show Post Feed icon?" etc. doesn't restore them, though it does control whether the text links are visible as you would expect. So, the big question:

What can I do to get my RSS icons back?

( The upgrade also changed the search box background color to transparent, but I corrected that with the following CSS insert: .searchbox-form input {color: #888888; background: #ffffff; } )

Thanks,

John
john@kintzele.com
Old Jan 5, 2011, 03:31 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
edit css.php and find line 2 which should be
HTML Code:
#include_once (TEMPLATEPATH . '/functions.php');
and add this line right after it
HTML Code:
global $templateURI;
Old Jan 5, 2011, 05:11 PM
jkintzele

6 posts · Jul 2009
That worked like a champ, thank you. The support in this forum is superb!

Another question if you don't mind... I'd like to lower the RSS box so that it is closer to the search box. What is the easiest way to do this?

Thanks much,

John Kintzele
john@kintzele.com
www.kintzele.com
Old Jan 5, 2011, 06:43 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
the easiest way is to use FireBug in Firefox and examine the rss area. Then play with the css that it used to increase/decrease the padding and/or margins being used. Then add those changes either in the theme option or in the CSS Inserts area.
Old Jan 29, 2011, 08:39 AM
Cheers

105 posts · Jun 2010
I still have a problem. I added the line ( global $templateURI; ) without the brackets, right behind the second line in css.php, which is ( #include_once (TEMPLATEPATH . '/functions.php'); again, without the brackets. And yet, the rss icon, email icon and comment icon don't show.

I tried upgrading to Atahualpa 3.61 but ended up with a bunch of links and archives and latin (tags??) underneath the widgets I have in the right sidebar. Couldn't figure out how to get rid of that stuff so I went back to 3.6. However neither theme shows these rss feed icons. What am I missing???

My site is http://winekitmaking.com
Old Jan 29, 2011, 09:08 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
verify that the image is actually there and it's permissions are correct. I get a 'not found' when tring to display the image
Old Jan 29, 2011, 09:33 AM
Cheers

105 posts · Jun 2010
In winekitmaking.com/wp-content/themes/atahualpa36/images/ all the icons are there (email.png, comment.png, and rss.png ) all have permissions of 755 .Also, I have another website http://wine-insights.com which is also using atahualpa 3.6 and it's icons show. I copied header.php and css.php from that site and pasted that coding into the other site at winekitmaking.com respectfully. Still doesn't work.
Old Jan 29, 2011, 09:38 AM
Cheers

105 posts · Jun 2010
I've also got another strange, perhaps related problem: for some reason, I'm getting a lot of 404 errors which are calling for the rss icon and comment icon but FROM ATAHUALPA 3.53. Perhaps that's part of the problem. I have no idea where these calls are coming from as I haven't used At 3.53 for some time now. Will attach screen snap.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2011-01-29 at 11.59.34 AM.jpeg
Views:	1324
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	1088  
Old Jan 29, 2011, 09:58 AM
Cheers

105 posts · Jun 2010
Duhh! All is solved, including the 404 errors. I looked at my "Add Html/Css inserts and lo and behold, the css coding was calling for those icons via athahualpa 3.53, which is why all worked well until I deleted atahualpa 3.53 a few days ago. Too soon old, too late smart! Thanks very much for your wonderful assistance. You guys are great!!