Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] Control Link Colors and Decoration in Content Only

Old Jan 31, 2011, 05:24 PM
OldMan1

12 posts · Apr 2010
After several hours of searching the forum, haven't found anything specific on this question. What I'd like to do is control the color and decoration in the content area only. I have no problem doing that for the entire theme, but I'd like to have the links in the content only be the same color of my text with a dotted underline. Is that possible?

Thanks

The Old Man
Old Jan 31, 2011, 05:48 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I haven't test but I think adding something like the following to ATO>Add HTML/CSS Inserts>CSS Inserts should give you a black link with black dotted underline that changes to a gray dotted underline on hover. You would just have to fiddle with the colors to your liking.
HTML Code:
div.post-body-copy a {
border-bottom: 1px dotted #000;
color: #000;
}
div.post-body-copy a:hover {
border-bottom: 1px dotted #eee;
}
Old Jan 31, 2011, 07:11 PM
OldMan1

12 posts · Apr 2010
Thanks lmilesw for such a quick reply.

I used the code you gave me in the CSS, but it doesn't do anything. I checked to make sure I don't have any overriding code someplace else. Before posting this thread I had tried several different codes that I thought should have worked, but they didn't. A standard "a:link { +code }" in CSS works for the entire theme, but for some reason one just for the content doesn't. Of course, I comment out the standard code when I try one for just the content. I am currently using version 3.5.3, but that shouldn't make any difference for this. If you don't mind, let me know if you have any other ideas.

The Old Man
Old Jan 31, 2011, 09:06 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I knew I should have tested. Try the following and also set Link Hover Decoration to None in ATO>Body, Text, & Links
HTML Code:
div.post a {
border-bottom: 1px dotted #000;
}
div.post a:hover {
border-bottom: 1px dotted #eee;
}
Old Feb 1, 2011, 06:53 AM
OldMan1

12 posts · Apr 2010
Good morning lmilesw.

Sorry for not responding last night, but being an old fellow I had gone to bed when you got back to me around 10:00.

WORKS LIKE A CHAMP!

I knew there had to be a way. I had gotten frustrated that I couldn't figure it out. I am no expert by far, but I do know quite a bit and I know how to research. That's how I get most of the help I need.

I may be wrong, but I feel different colored links are distracting when reading something, so that's why I wanted to do this. It is greatly appreciated.

Thanks a whole bunch.

The Old Man