Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

[SOLVED] Publishing articles in your page or posts with ?

Old Jan 28, 2011, 04:55 PM
jkfly4

115 posts · Nov 2009
Hi

Not sure what I am loooking for, but in general when people create a page or post for their blog/site, Do they use the standard workpress area or produce it in another software and paste it in or is there a plugin that helps with this.

The layout seems to move about once updated and I wanted it to make the article more professional. (if I can)

Any pointers would be mosts appreciated.

Many thanks
Old Jan 28, 2011, 06:32 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
The answer to your question is yes. Sometimes you create it elsewhere and paste it in but you have to be careful with content from a word Processor for instance and not paste in in via the visual editor as it will add all sorts of messy code and doesn't really help you to make the page look good.

Bottom line is knowing how the WordPress editor, html, and CSS work and using them all to your advantage. Sometime plugins can be used as well to help but it is not like using a desktop application to write a letter or image software to create a picture. There are a bunch of rules you have to be aware of. I think WordPress makes this process easier but time and time again my clients ask me how can I this or how can I that with regards to something as "simple" floating some pictures so they look good on the page.

The more you work with the tool the better you will be.
Old Jan 29, 2011, 02:11 AM
jkfly4

115 posts · Nov 2009
Hi

Is it possible to paste a document in from photoshop and work okay, as I have never tried it.

I know I need to do some reading up on CCS and html, is this the route some people go to produce a page of text and pictures.

Thanks for the reply
Old Jan 29, 2011, 05:44 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
photoshop is an image processing program and doesn't produce text. If you are asking if you can copy part, or all, of an image in photoshop and then paste it into the post, the answer is no.

The image myst be stored somewhere so it can be referred to at a later date. To get the image into the post you will
1) save it in photoshop as a jpg or png
2) in wordpress when editing the post, use the 'media' icon to upload a copy of the image to the server and insert the link to the image into the post.
Old Jan 29, 2011, 10:32 AM
jkfly4

115 posts · Nov 2009
Hi

So, are we saying the best way to create a good looking and well laid article is the wordpress editor.

You just have to work on it.

Or are there other altenatives I can use.

Cheers
Old Jan 29, 2011, 04:29 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
It's really the same with any website creation tool. You have to learn the tool. I suspect if there was a tool like you are looking for everyone would use it. The steps are pretty basic.
  1. Determine the look you are after for the page
  2. Use the visual editor, the html editor, CSS, plugins, etc. to make a page like you are looking for.
If may take you several months of playing with the tools to get somewhat proficient but in my opinion it's worth it.
Old Jan 29, 2011, 05:04 PM
jkfly4

115 posts · Nov 2009
Hi

Many thanks for your time, I know where to start now.

Cheers