Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

plain page template?

Old Jan 28, 2011, 02:38 AM
joe hark

168 posts · Feb 2009
Does anyone have a template for a plain page?

By plain page I mean with nothing but the Page (no header, footer, sidebars, etc.) for use in a popup window.
Old Jan 28, 2011, 06:53 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
You could use CSS to not display all of what you mentioned or you could perhaps just use a plain old html page.
Old Jan 28, 2011, 08:15 AM
joe hark

168 posts · Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmilesw
You could use CSS to not display all of what you mentioned or you could perhaps just use a plain old html page.
I thought a plain old HTML would work. I am using a plugin to generate a popup bio in a small window. (Simple Popup).

If I use it without creating any special page (just a normal WP/ATA page) it works fine but gives me the whole page.

But when I create an HTML paqe that I have out in a folder, it generates "not found."

I just launched a DNS move away from GoDaddy to my our servers. As soon as that is working, I'll revist the issue and update it here.

Thanks for the help!
Old Jan 28, 2011, 09:34 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
As long as your html page is formatted properly and you use the proper url it should work as I have used that plugin wit success for external sites in a popup window.
Old Jan 28, 2011, 10:15 AM
joe hark

168 posts · Feb 2009
OOPs, before I deal with that I need to fix the URL.

I built the site using the IP address and now that the DNS has propgated, all the URLs contai the IP address, not hte domain name.
What file do i edit to correct that so things point to the domainname?
Old Jan 28, 2011, 10:20 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
The first place you need to change it is in the options table of your database. There are two entries there. Then you can get into the backend of the site and make changes as necessary. There are some search and replace plugins I have used for that but you have to be careful.