Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

[SOLVED] Page menu bar

Old Jan 27, 2011, 11:14 AM
sophia1

8 posts · Jan 2011
Hi All,

I am trying to adjust the width of the second level and child menu width, so that the title is in one line
I have changed the sub menu width to 200 em but it does not seem to be working. Any idea would be great.
Thank you
http://wildlife.southsafari.com/
Old Jan 27, 2011, 11:43 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
What version of Atahualpa? If it is 3.5.3 do you have the sub-menu bug fixes in place?
Old Jan 27, 2011, 12:14 PM
sophia1

8 posts · Jan 2011
Hi it is 3.4.9 and is there a bug to fix here too?
Old Jan 27, 2011, 12:42 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
The issue is that WordPress changed the menu code for WP 3.0. You could try the following.
Add the following line
HTML Code:
$list_pages_string = preg_replace("/<ul class='children'/","<ul",$list_pages_string);
Just before the following line in /functions/bfa_hor_pages.php near the top
HTML Code:
if ( $bfa_ata['page_menu_1st_level_not_linked'] == "Yes" ) {
You should make a copy of your bfa_hor_pages.php file first just as a precaution and double and triple check what you are copying and pasting. I only say that as I don't know how comfortable you are playing in the files. This is not a big deal to do but if you copy out too much or don't paste in the right place it can mess things up. Thus the copy of the file "in case"
Old Jan 27, 2011, 12:59 PM
sophia1

8 posts · Jan 2011
Thank you ever so much The menu looks a million times better!!! It was so easy, which I knew more alas.....