Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Post-Kicker, -Byline & -Footer »

[SOLVED] Remove home page post titles, post information, comment link and category.

Old Jan 22, 2011, 02:34 PM
dazedangels

5 posts · Jan 2011
Atahualpa 3.6.1
WordPress updated yesterday - current.

On the home page how do I remove the post titles, post information, comment link and category?
We want the home page to show ONLY the post excerpts and no other post information or links to the post. Yes, we are going for the most non-user-friendly home page ever!

Also, the post itself doesn't need post titles, post information, comment area, tag or category information, so if removing it from the home page removes it from the site, that's fine.

I only need the post title for the parmalinks, so I need to be able to write a post title when I create a post, but the post title doesn't need to show anywhere within the blog.

This is what it looks like now

This is what I'd like it to look like
Old Jan 22, 2011, 02:36 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
look at the theme options - Edit POST/PAGE INFO ITEMS
Old Jan 22, 2011, 03:03 PM
dazedangels

5 posts · Jan 2011
That worked - Thank you!
Now I just need to get rid of the titles, but I think I'm going to have to edit core code for that .... wish me luck! lol
~eDee
Old Jan 22, 2011, 03:12 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
You could hide them with a 'display:none' in the CSS Inserts (described else where in the forums)
Old Jan 22, 2011, 04:41 PM
dazedangels

5 posts · Jan 2011
Because I KNOW I'm going to need this again: http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthr...de+post+titles

Thank you SOOOO much!
That is exactly what I needed.
~e