Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Excerpts, Read more, Pagination »

Don't show byline in excerpt

Old Jan 10, 2011, 09:06 PM
Nolie

17 posts · Jul 2010
Ontario
Is there a way to not show the byline in excerpts?
Old Jan 11, 2011, 03:03 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
yes, but not easily. You will have to dig into the code and make some changes.

Excerpts are dynamically built, so there is no way to look at a switch and see if you are dealing with an excerpt, this added to the fact that you can control how many excerpts are on the page and that the dynamic building of the excerpt comes after the byline has been created is the reason you will have to dig into the code and modify the code to do this.

The code to create the excerpt is in functions.php if you decide to go forward. If you do, please share your solution for others.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 07:35 AM
Nolie

17 posts · Jul 2010
Ontario
EEK! Thanks for the info. Think I may stick my fiance on that job. He is the coding one in this house. At least I know where to look now. If he figures it out I will come back and share.