Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Comments, trackbacks & pings »

[SOLVED] How do I remove the comment box, but .........

Old Jan 8, 2011, 07:30 PM
dazedangels

5 posts · Jan 2011
I want visiters to be able to leave a name, email address and weblink, but not a comment.
I want to remove the comment box itself but still allow "Submit" to be clicked and ONLY the Name and Weblink to be posted to the bottom of the post.

Any hacks for that one?

Using Atahualpa 3.6 - Latest WordPress

Last edited by dazedangels; Jan 8, 2011 at 08:05 PM.
Old Jan 9, 2011, 09:13 AM
dazedangels

5 posts · Jan 2011
In case anyone looks for this in the future, the file you need is in WordPress not the template.
wordpress\wp-includes\category-template.php
Starting around line 1532 (yeah it's near the bottom)
Code:
	$required_text = sprintf( ' ' . __('Required fields are marked %s'), '<span class="required">*</span>' );
	$defaults = array(
		'fields'               => apply_filters( 'comment_form_default_fields', $fields ),
//I removed this line
		'must_log_in'          => '<p class="must-log-in">' .  sprintf( __( 'You must be <a href="%s">logged in</a> to post a comment.' ), wp_login_url( apply_filters( 'the_permalink', get_permalink( $post_id ) ) ) ) . '</p>',
//I removed this line
		'logged_in_as'         => '<p class="logged-in-as">' . sprintf( __( 'Logged in as <a href="%1$s">%2$s</a>. <a href="%3$s" title="Log out of this account">Log out?</a>' ), admin_url( 'profile.php' ), $user_identity, wp_logout_url( apply_filters( 'the_permalink', get_permalink( $post_id ) ) ) ) . '</p>',
		'comment_notes_before' => '<p class="comment-notes">' . __( '' ) . ( $req ? $required_text : '' ) . '</p>',
//Think I removed a line here too		
		'id_form'              => 'commentform',
		'id_submit'            => 'submit',
		'title_reply'          => __( 'Leave a Link' ),
		'title_reply_to'       => __( 'Leave a Link to %s' ),
		'cancel_reply_link'    => __( 'Cancel reply' ),
		'label_submit'         => __( 'Post Your Link' ),