Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Post-Kicker, -Byline & -Footer »

[SOLVED] Footer styling issue

Old Jan 7, 2011, 03:13 PM
jasontbedell

75 posts · Dec 2010
Hello,
On litteacher.com, I am running WP 3.04 and Atahualpa 3.5.3. In another thread (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=11835), STB recommended I use the following code to move the black footer below the center column.

Code:
div.post-bodycopy > table + table {margin: 0px -10px;}
div.page {padding-bottom: 0px;}
This worked splendidly. At the time, I had restrained the center column to 1101px; there were complications to doing that, so I removed the width constraints. Now the footer looks like it was moved to the bottom of center column and there are beige borders on the sides of the footer.
The footer is set to be 1280px wide, which is the same width as the fixed width site. I am aware that it is not showing as that wide.
Not specifying a width makes the footer extremely small in terms of width.
Making the footer wider than 1280 does not result in any change.

Would anyone know how expand the footer so that it covers the beige borders or move it down completely under the center column?
Thank you for your help.
Old Jan 8, 2011, 06:31 AM
jasontbedell

75 posts · Dec 2010
Oddly, it seemed to be something with the post itself. The pics are made up of tables and I added
Code:
margin-left:auto;margin-right:auto;
to the table. It seemed to resolve the issue that I was having.