Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

After instructions, background colors for my boxes, or, my widgets, etc., FAIL output

Old Jan 4, 2011, 03:50 AM
Jim39

9 posts · Dec 2010
Atahualpa 3... I did what you told me to do, and chose colors as the background colors for my boxes, or, my widgets, (the main thing that all of our customers look at), and put it colort for their background colors.
The colors showed correctly on your window. BUT, when I REFRESHED my site, NOTHING different happened. So, it doesn't work.

How can I change the color of my boxes, widgets, comments, etc., that I have on my home page or front page, etc. Your instructions don't give me the results.

Thanks.
Old Jan 4, 2011, 04:20 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
What version of Atahualpa and WP?
What is the url?
what instructions are you talking about?
If you are referring to another thread, it would be helpful to point to that thread.
Old Jan 5, 2011, 08:20 PM
Jim39

9 posts · Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
What version of Atahualpa and WP?
What is the url?
what instructions are you talking about?
If you are referring to another thread, it would be helpful to point to that thread.
I am using Atahualpa 3.4.9, WordPress 3.0.3
My website is: http:\\LifeAfterBrainsurgery.com

I discovered that I DID get COLOR, but it was ONLY in my COMMENTS themselves - SORRY.

My intention was to get my HOME page and WIDGETS to have colored backgrounds. I want a smooth eye catching flow to lure the reader. When I looked I found:
Sidebars and Widgets: "Style Widgets"
It seems that there was no color setting at all for the "content box."

I believe you design guys said that there were glitches in using the following stuff: "The Widget Content Box is gone since Atahualpa 3.4. for better plug-in compatibility. It was a proprietary Atahualpa feature that provided extra styling possibilities but didn't play well with all plug-ins because some of them rely heavily on widgets having the same structure as in the 'Default' theme ."

So all I could figure out was to make color borders around the widgets in my home page. It looks blah.

How can I just make my widgets have a pleasing color background?
Old Jan 6, 2011, 01:56 AM
GarethP

64 posts · Jun 2010
For the widget 'content box' you need to be looking at the 'Widget Container' on the ATO Sidebars and Widgets/Style Widgets.

Have a look here http://www.craftyclaires.co.uk/ the shopping cart is in a widget which is styled in the above box using the below entries;

Code:
font-size: 11px;
line-height: 1.2;
padding: 10px 0 20px 0;
border: solid 2px #59165B; 
background: #59165B;
-moz-border-radius:10px; 
-khtml-border-radius: 10px;
-webkit-border-radius:10px;
border-radius: 10px;
margin-bottom: 10px;
It's the background attribute in the above code that colours the background of the widget container.

If you need the widgets to be different colours then it'll be bespoke entries in the CSS inserts section