Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

I need step by step instructions on how to change a background image.

Old Aug 21, 2009, 01:54 AM
FollowAshley.com

1 posts · Aug 2009
I am so lost with this. However, I would really like to change the background image of my blog. Is there a way that I can make this image http://yfrog.com/0uleapordj
the background of my blog www.followashley.com?
Any help would be appreciated. However, I am VERY new to this. So I may need step by step instructions.

Thanks so much!
Old Aug 21, 2009, 03:20 AM
jankph

93 posts · Jul 2009
ATA 3.6.4 and WP 3.1
Seems like you already figured this out?
Old Aug 21, 2009, 07:13 AM
bookmom

42 posts · Aug 2009
I have the same question. And I haven't figured it out. TIA!
Old Aug 22, 2009, 07:35 PM
tunti

5 posts · Aug 2009
Bookmom, I'm just learning my way around this theme myself. But I've got this one figured out... If you are still having problems, here's what you do:

1. Download the background image you want onto your computer.

2. Open your ftp program (I'm using filezilla, which is a breeze to use) and connect to your IP address.

3. Browse to the background file on your computer.

4. Find the wp-content/theme/atahualpa3/images folder, and upload the background into the images folder.

5. Then go into wp-admin from your website, choose "appearances," then choose Atahualpa theme options from the bottom of the dropdown menu.

6. Click on "Body, Text & Links" then copy this: "url(/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/backgr.gif) repeat top left;" and replace "backgr.gif" with the name of the file you'd like to upload, (so, if the file is called "bookmom.jpg") the line will look like, "url(/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/bookmom.jpg) repeat top left;"

7. In the white box in top "Body Style" box, the one with 4 lines in it that starts with "font family", delete the color number after "background" and replace it with that line. Don't forget to remove the "#".

8. Save your changes. Refresh your web site, and see what happens.

Good luck!

Last edited by juggledad; Aug 23, 2009 at 05:01 AM.
Old Aug 29, 2009, 09:06 PM
BruceBecker

4 posts · Jul 2009
Los Angeles, CA
The example on the current Body style page has the background address as

background: url(www./wp-content/themes/atahualpa342/images/backgr.gif) repeat top left;

but for me at least the link only works if the www is removed.