Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Excerpts, Read more, Pagination »

Stop full post from showing (another user, another problem)

Old Dec 28, 2010, 07:55 AM
daniel3ub

26 posts · Jul 2009
I've read a thread with the same title, but my problem is different.

I run a blog aggregator (www.gameblogs.com.br). Videogame blogs owners register in my site so it can syndicate their content.
I've changed every link in the home/category excerpts so it points out to the original post in the original site. This way, there is no sense in having the full post being shown anywhere in MY site.

The problem is that search engines index the entire post in my site, and provide users with the link to the full post in my site. This is the only way a user can view a full post in my site.

I want that even if viewing the single post page, the user will see just the excerpt with the links to the original post. Is this possible?

If I was not clear enough, please let me know.

Thanks a lot!