Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

Atahualpa 3.5.3 issues with WordPress 3.1 RC1

Old Dec 27, 2010, 10:16 AM
webalyst

82 posts · Nov 2010
London, UK
I am testing Atahualpa 3.5.3 with WordPress 3.1 release candidate 1 (released 25 Dec 2010).

This is a list of observations. I am not trying to solve them at this point, although some definitely need to be addressed.

1) Admin Mode Only: There is an admin bar across the top of the browser window and this causes relative elements to be displaced downwards while fixed elements and the background remain which is a mess. For example, it means the content of the logo area no longer fits and is clipped by the background of the page menu bar (I have categories menu off). While the menu labels themselves slip below the menu bar.

2) There is a number displayed in the top left corner of the content area on static pages just below the menu bar. The number is different on each page (perhaps it is page id?). For example at http://theWebalyst.com/home the number is "4", visible under "Home" in the menu.

Is anyone else playing with WordPress 3.1 RC1? If so, please post issues to this thread.

Mark
Old Dec 27, 2010, 10:33 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I am seeing neither of those issues.
Old Dec 27, 2010, 11:07 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
What do you have at ato->Style & edit HEADER AREA->Configure Header Area?
I'm seeing this in the source of your page - ring any bells?
HTML Code:
<!-- Put the ad code ABOVE this -->
</div>
<!-- End removing the ad here -->

<!-- Test code appears only on page with title "Test" -->
		</td>
Old Dec 27, 2010, 11:27 AM
webalyst

82 posts · Nov 2010
London, UK
Thanks guys. The spurious number issue is due to some test PHP. The menu displacement by admin bar issue.

I can live with the dodgey admin bar thing but wanted to flag it in case it wasn't just me, but any insights would of course be appreciated!

Last edited by juggledad; Dec 27, 2010 at 01:14 PM. Reason: removed header code, not needed
Old Dec 27, 2010, 05:02 PM
webalyst

82 posts · Nov 2010
London, UK
I've looked into the displaced menu issue and it is simply that everything except the background is displaced down the page by the new admin bar. I don't see a way to fix this!

Maybe you don't see it in flexible layout? Otherwise I don't see how it isn't a problem for everyone.

Any ideas?

Mark
Old Dec 27, 2010, 05:03 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
this is in the backend, right. Could you send me a PM with an admin ID and PW so I can see what you are talking about?

also, did you try anyother themes to seeif it is just an Atahualpa issue or maybe a WP issue?
Old Dec 28, 2010, 01:58 AM
webalyst

82 posts · Nov 2010
London, UK
To be a problem in other themes they would need to be using the background image to line up with other screen real estate which is not likely.

In fixed layout, atahualpa uses the background image to extend the menu bar horizontally to the edge of the browser window when it is wider than the layout - else you would have it truncated.

I think this is a 'feature' of atahualpa and not something that can be fixed - rather I think atahualpa will need to stop using the background in this way or WordPress 3.1 users will think it is broken.

If you want to look more I will PM you as requested. Thanks for your help.

Mark
P.S. I have PM'd Flynn several times since I joined asking if I should be "Member" or upgraded as I donated $80 (as I recall something about this during the joining process) but have had no reply. Do you know if I'm set up correctly?
Old Dec 28, 2010, 05:35 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
I see this as a WP issue. They are using 'position: fixed' for this element even though it is at the end of the CSS. By adding the following to the CSS Inserts, it will be moved to the bottom of the page.
HTML Code:
#wpadminbar {position: relative !important;}
Quote:
In fixed layout, atahualpa uses the background image to extend the menu bar horizontally to the edge of the browser window when it is wider than the layout - else you would have it truncated
this is just a sample image that can be removed
Quote:
P.S. I have PM'd Flynn...
it should be all set now
Old Dec 28, 2010, 10:08 AM
webalyst

82 posts · Nov 2010
London, UK
Thanks.

Will you submit to WordPress. Now is a good time! (I won't because I'm not expert enough at CSS).

If WordPress don't solve this, it remains an issue for atahualpa as site owners will almost never see it except with they try out the theme for the first time, which will cause them to see it as an atahualpa problem.

Thanks for sorting my membership :-)

Mark
Old Jan 28, 2011, 10:49 PM
msheldon

1 posts · Jan 2011
The following link may be of help in resolving this issue:

http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/16222