The solution to all of this is HERE!
Maybe this can be added to the Atahualpa theme permanently?
Supported WP Versions
It supports all the following:
- WP3.x in Single Site Mode
- WP3.x in Multisite (Subdomain) Mode
- WP3.x in Multisite (Subdirectory) Mode
- WP3.x in Multisite Mode with the WP MultiNetwork Plugin
- WPMU (For those still using this! ~ WPMU is unchanged.)
- It allows most sites to do an Automatic update from Wordpress.org without deleting custom files.
(If added to the Atahualpa theme permanently.)
- It uploads headers, logos and favicons via the WP Media Uploader (NOT FTP) on a per site basis.
- It allows Individual Blog Admins to upload these files ~ without FTP access ~ to the Blogs they control.
- It adds shuffle and sort support to the WP3.x multisite.
ALL Mods are detailed in the download file:
With exact line numbers in the Atahualpa 3.6.4 theme.
the five pre-modified Atahualpa 3.6.4 files in the download package can be searched for "LANtait" with complete comments on how each file was modified.
TESTED with Atahualpa 3.6.4 and WP 3.0.4
At this writing this mod has been running for nearly a month on live sites.
This should work with WP 3.0.5 and WP 3.1
Your mod breaks WPMU users.
In this thread
Post 13 from Tamara-IT is using WPMU (in 2011) and your suggestion would really break her site, and all other WPMU installs.
It could be argued that they should upgrade to WP3.x multisite, but that may take some time (and be rather complex). This mod allows WPMU users more time to do that upgrade.
When using this mod, it adds the features of sort and shuffle to the multisite theme code.
The wpmu-settings.php is not standard and should not be used without WPMU. Therefore, by adding this mod to the theme for WP 3.x (any mode) you should delete the wpmu-settings.php file, as is standard for WP 3.x