Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

[SOLVED] Removing the menu from a single page

Old Nov 23, 2010, 01:30 AM
Thwacky

1 posts · Nov 2010
Can someone tell me if it is possible to remove the menu from one single static page. I still want it to show up on all the other pages though. Is this possible?
Old Nov 23, 2010, 05:12 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
add the following to the CSS insserts (where you use your page ID)
HTML Code:
body.page-id-3 #menu1 {display: none;}
Old Dec 13, 2012, 02:43 PM
ellenfinkl

55 posts · Aug 2009
Could you explain this more clearly? I also want to not show a menu on certain pages.
I have a custom menu and under that, the Atahualpa Category menu.I'd like to remove both.

I didn't understand this that you wrote: "add the following to the CSS insserts (where you use your page ID)"

I've also seen suggestions to create a page template, but in page.php, I don't see any mention of the menu, so I can't remove it. Here's the code:

get_header(); ?>

<div id="content" class="narrowcolumn" role="main">

<?php if (have_posts()) : while (have_posts()) : the_post(); ?>
<div class="post" id="post-<?php the_ID(); ?>">
<h2><?php the_title(); ?></h2>
<div class="entry">
<?php the_content('<p class="serif">Read the rest of this page &raquo;</p>'); ?>

<?php wp_link_pages(array('before' => '<p><strong>Pages:</strong> ', 'after' => '</p>', 'next_or_number' => 'number')); ?>

</div>
</div>
<?php endwhile; endif; ?>
<?php edit_post_link('Edit this entry.', '<p>', '</p>'); ?>
</div>

<?php get_footer(); ?>

Thanks,
Ellen
Old Dec 13, 2012, 08:24 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Each page has a page I'd (do a google search with 'how to find wordpress page id' you will find better explanations that I could give
Old Dec 14, 2012, 07:14 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
You put that code in the CSS Inserts box in the theme options and replace the example id with your actual page id. The way I find the id is look at the page source and search for [body class] without the brackets. That should take you to a line that looks like the following.
HTML Code:
<body class="page page-id-2204 page-template page-template-blog-php logged-in custom-background">
In this case you would use
HTML Code:
body.page-id-2204
as your selector
To find the selectors for the menus you want to hide I use Firebug.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 03:19 PM
ellenfinkl

55 posts · Aug 2009
It worked! Thanks to both of you.

I knew how to find the page ID, that wasn't the problem. Easier than your methods -- display all pages, hover over the page and look at the text at the bottom-left corner of the browser's status bar -- the number will be in the code.

What I didn't know was where the CSS Inserts box was. Now I know it's at ATO>Various Content Items> Add HTML/CSS Inserts.

The menus were easy, just menu 1 and 2.