Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
Click Here To DONATE! Support the theme development, get more attention and additional benefits based on your donation level. Your forum name will be highlighted.

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Problem with widget width and sidebars in Explorer

Build custom WP THEMES, without
Click here for THEMEFRAME

From the author of Atahualpa, the #1 most
downloaded (700,000+) theme @ wordpress.org
Old Apr 3, 2009, 01:25 PM
21 posts · Mar 2009
Another question

I have some Explorer related problems (surprise!). I have tried to find an answer for this in the forum but did not really understand the other IE-related threads.

1. Only in Explorer: The right padding doesn't seem to work on my widgets in Explorer. The text goes to the edge or sometimes outside on the right side

2. Only in Explorer: My center bar with widgets does not listen to the 15px margin tag and floats over to the right sidebar. I have tried several things but can't get it to work.

3. In both FF and IE: I have padding-left: 15px on td#middle which looks good on the front page with widgets. But when a page is open the left side is 15px to narrow. Can I separate them or use the padding in a different way?

Screenshot from Explorer

Temporary site: www.roxipher.com/wordpress

Your theme is great! Thanks...
Old Apr 5, 2009, 10:47 AM
3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
The browsershots link isn't working

What I see is (in actual browsers running on my computer)

IE7: Everything seems to be fine
IE6: The widget heading containers need margin-right: -15px, width: 100% or 100% auto; display: block - one or several of these.

In IE6, even after you got the widget headings working, the negative margins might be misaligned when the page is being scrolled down/up.

It would probably be better to avoid the negative margins there altogether and add a separate DIV for the content:

<DIV class="widget_kbrss"> <--- No padding so its content spans from left to right

<DIV class="heading"> <--- No margin instead of negative margin -15px

<DIV class="content"> <--- 15px padding

<DIV class="bottom"> <--- No margin
background image transparent PNG

If you cannot add this second DIV "content" manually right into the content area of the KBRSS widget, then you could edit the widget's PHP file.

And IE6 would need a PNG transparency fix, right now the bottom shadow is not transparent in IE6

Currently it looks like this in IE6
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	roxipher.com-ie6.gif
Views:	507
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	79  
Old Apr 6, 2009, 07:22 AM
21 posts · Mar 2009
Thank you for taking your time looking at it. I'll try that...