Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

[SOLVED] 3.5.3 Default text in ATO>Add HTML/CSS Inserts>CSS Inserts

Old Oct 16, 2010, 02:35 PM
boris_mcnorris

8 posts · Oct 2010
The "default" code is "blank" but when I installed the theme there was definitely some code here....

It was fantastic when I first set it up. Loved the search box in the page menu bar.

I reset the page to clear out some conflicting code and with it lost this code.

Now I have ugly menus with text sections wider than the bar itself and a displaced search box.

can somebody tell me what the missing code was so I can copy and paste it back in place?

many thanks
Old Oct 16, 2010, 02:51 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
What version of Atahualpa are you using? How much of the CSS had you put in the CSS inserts yourself? If you hadn't put much in you probably had one of the default styles in place which can be re-imported from the styles folder that is part of the Atahualpa theme. You need to download the theme zip if you haven't already and unzip it. There is a styles folder in there. Then you can use the import function of Atahualpa and try several of the styles and see if you get back to where you were.

Once you have things as you like them you should export the style settings as a backup so you won't run into this problem again.

Just be aware that importing a new style will overwrite any setting you have made in Atahualpa so before importing even for the first time you should first do an export just in case.
Old Oct 16, 2010, 03:22 PM
boris_mcnorris

8 posts · Oct 2010
thanks for your quick response.

I am using a freshly installed 3.5.3.

I have already been looking at the styles in the theme folders in the hope that I could just find the relevant bit of code for the "CSS Inserts" and paste it in. I don't mind having to work it out from the php code generated.

Does one of the 5 styles ship as standard? It would make things easier
Old Oct 16, 2010, 03:41 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
The easiest way to do this is to export what you have as a backup and then import the others one by one. When you see the page similar to what you had go to CSS Inserts and copy what is there. Then import the theme style you previously exported and paste that code into the blank CSS Inserts area and you should be good to go.
Old Oct 16, 2010, 03:57 PM
boris_mcnorris

8 posts · Oct 2010
yup I was being a bit dense for a while there.

I figured it out for myself and did exactly what you just said.

all good now!

Thanks