Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

issues with creating a photo gallery

Old Oct 14, 2010, 10:42 AM
jimmy

2 posts · Oct 2010
Friends,

I recently created a photo gallery on a page by attaching several JPEGs to the page and then inserting the snippet [gallery] into the page. I have not specifically installed a plugin to manage photos.

This works well enough, but I can't find how to control two things.

First, I would like the image as it is presented after click-through from the gallery page of thumbnails to be full-sized. Currently they are scaled down even though they are not particularly large and there would be plenty of space for them in the body of the page.

Second, this same scaled-down image you see after click-through from the gallery page is linked to a full-sized image that is presented in an otherwise blank browser window. All theme formatting is missing.

So, to sum up, what I would like is to go directly from the gallery page of thumbnails to a page where the image is presented full-sized and is not linked any further on. It seems so simple and basic, but I can't seem to find the solution in the WP or theme settings. It may be that I need to edit a PHP file, but I don't know how to find my way to the controlling file.

I am using Atahualpa 3.4.9 on a server with WP 3.0.1 installed. The PHP version installed there is, I believe, 5.213. If you want to look at the pages in question go to the thumbs gallery page at:

http://jamesmccarthyactor.com/home/v...he-black-claw/

Thanks for any help.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 11:24 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
The Gallery functionality of WordPress leaves much to be desired. I would suggest NextGen Gallery along with wp-PrettyPhoto to display the images similar to the way you have them and when click on would open a modal window with the info.
Old Oct 15, 2010, 05:15 PM
jimmy

2 posts · Oct 2010
Thank you, Larry. I will look into your suggestions. I tried previously a plugin called Slideshow Gallery Pro that looked like exactly what I wanted, but I could never get it to work for me the way I wanted. I tried another the name of which I am blanking on and it neither worked. I sort of stumbled on the [gallery] tag idea and, well, you know the story is there. Again, thanks.