Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

[SOLVED] Insert a Slider in Home Page without...

Old Oct 12, 2010, 06:58 AM
mirco65

25 posts · Oct 2010
In this website http://www.pallavolofeltre.it/ I have insert a Slider that is very nice.
There is just a problem, I inserted the script in Style & edit CENTER COLUMN / Content ABOVE the LOOP but also if in this case it show correctly in home page, opening the posts, the Slider is always on the top when Instead I would like it can disappear.
Can anyone help me?

Thanks

Mirco
Old Oct 12, 2010, 07:09 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
I'm not sure what you mean? Do you just want it to show in the home page and not the others?
Old Oct 13, 2010, 12:14 AM
mirco65

25 posts · Oct 2010
Yes! Just only the home page with the last articles

When I open an article instead I want just read the article and not see the Slider!
thanks
Old Oct 13, 2010, 01:19 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Wrap a php if statement around the code and test for the front page. That way it will only show on the front page. Do a google search on 'wordpress is_front' and you should find the syntax

Last edited by juggledad; Oct 14, 2010 at 06:38 AM.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 03:34 AM
mirco65

25 posts · Oct 2010
nothing...
I tryed on "Content ABOVE the LOOP" to put this code of a slider
<?php if (function_exists('easing_slider')){ easing_slider(); }; ?>
and it work on the Home Page.

But when i open a single post I see the Slider on the top of the single post and I don't want it!

I tried to put the code ...if is_front then... else... as you said and also if i put the statement it doesn't work..
The same with is_home...

Is the place wrong where to put the code?

Can you help me better?

Last edited by mirco65; Oct 14, 2010 at 04:02 AM.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 06:41 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Quote:
I tryed on "Content ABOVE the LOOP" to put this code of a slider
<?php if (function_exists('easing_slider')){ easing_slider(); }; ?>
and it work on the Home Page.
you need to also test if you are on the front page
HTML Code:
<?php if (is_front_page() and (function_exists('easing_slider')) ){ easing_slider(); }; ?>
Old Oct 15, 2010, 01:10 AM
mirco65

25 posts · Oct 2010
wonderful! It work now!!!

Thanksxxxxxxxxxxx