Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

[SOLVED] how to set the default page

Old Oct 13, 2010, 01:37 PM
dinoc

54 posts · Oct 2010
Hi guys,

I have 7 pages and I want one of them to be the default page when the web site is accessed .
Is it possible to do this ?

I have WP3 and theme 3.5.3 version.

Thanks you!
Old Oct 13, 2010, 01:44 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Look in WordPress Settings > Reading. You can set a static page as your home page there.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 01:49 PM
dinoc

54 posts · Oct 2010
I'm such a newbie in WP , thanks a lot !

[LE]

Well I just did something bad, I've set the default page in a wrong session, instead of setting this in the Reading submenu I did this in the General Setting area, changed the wordpress (I know is stupid) ... but I can't access the wp-admin page anymore to go there to fix this ... any idea how can I fix this ?

Any idea where the WordPress address (URL) and Site address (URL) in General Settings are stored, maybe I can change them manually somewhere ?

[LE2] Ok I've fixed this, accessed the Mysql database and changed the "siteurl" field

Last edited by dinoc; Oct 13, 2010 at 02:19 PM.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 02:23 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Yes... They are in the database. You will have to go into your control panel and use PHPAdmin to access the options table. If you are new at this be careful.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 02:34 PM
dinoc

54 posts · Oct 2010
Yes that's exactly what I did and yes I'm a newbie , many thanks !