Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] One background image behind the whole page

Old Dec 21, 2009, 12:27 PM
Tamas

21 posts · Jan 2009
Hungary
Greetings,

I love Atahualpa. Thanks for it.

How can a background image be placed behind the whole window (header, sides, center area, widgets, footer)?

Best would be, if the image could just stay there, covering the whole screen, and not moving, even when the visitor scrolls down to read...

With all I did the image is cut and repeated and in small bits behind the different elements...

Thanks a lot, Greeing,

Tamas
Old Dec 21, 2009, 01:31 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Under Body, Text, and Links add your background to the box something like this.
HTML Code:
background: url(/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/image_name.gif) repeat top left fixed;
Old Dec 22, 2009, 09:00 AM
Tamas

21 posts · Jan 2009
Hungary
Thanks Larry!

I had about the same... just added the "fixed" word now... and still, the background image is moving and it is ONLY in the main area (not covering the top, widget and footer area).

This is what I have now in the box:

Code:
font-family: tahoma, arial, sans-serif;
font-size: 1em;
color: #000000;
background: url(http://kheironkozpont-hu.hostom.net//wp-content/themes/atahualpa344/images/kheiron-bckgrnd.jpg) repeat top left fixed;
background: #ffffff;
The WP is here: http://kheironkozpont-hu.hostom.net/

I would like to have the whole browser window of WP on the "carpet" of the image... and, when scrolling, the image should stay there fixed...

How can this be done?

Again, thanks!

Tamas
Old Dec 22, 2009, 09:40 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Take out the second background line.
Old Dec 23, 2009, 03:37 AM
Tamas

21 posts · Jan 2009
Hungary
Hello Larry,

I have tried this already, and now again... as you suggested.

Well... now the top of the image is in the header, and the image again is placed in the center area, and the left side is white and white the footer area, as well...

The image is still repeated in the center area, and it is still scrolling...

See:
http://kheironkozpont-hu.hostom.net/...egyeni-ulesek/

What can be done?

Thanks,

Tamas
Old Dec 23, 2009, 04:18 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
I you want all the text to "float" on top of a fixed background you have to remove background declarations from the other areas and make sure your header maybe just has text with no background. In other words the body will have a background and everything else will be transparent. It's kind of hard describing this. Much easier doing. Sorry for the confusion.
Old Dec 23, 2009, 05:37 AM
Tamas

21 posts · Jan 2009
Hungary
I think, I understan, Larry!
I have removed all background definitions all over the parameters... and YES, it works now!!!!
Great!

However... I stll have question...

As you may see here:
http://kheironkozpont-hu.hostom.net/hogyan-mukodunk/

The layout is designed, that the left sidebar would be over the dark area and the main body over the light color.
I use fix width 837. The image size is 837, as well...

However, The whole thing is centered... so, all is lost...

Now, next question: how can the content be put on the LEFT side, in harmony with the image?

While I was writing this message I had the idea to change the "left" to "center"... and it seems to be GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD now!

Thanks a lot for your help!

Tamas