Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] sidebar Tabs plugin

Old Feb 16, 2011, 07:31 PM
lost_and_confused

3 posts · Feb 2011
[SOLVED] sidebar Tabs plugin

I'm currently using the sidebar Tabs plugin to create tabs in my sidebar. It works wonderfully except for the fact that the tabs are spaced too far apart. In the preview the plugin provides, my tabs look like this:

http://www.audreydao.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/sidebar-tab-preview.jpg

but when I view my tabs on my site, it looks like this:

http://www.audreydao.com/wp-content/...tab-actual.jpg

I'm not sure how to fix this problem. Is there a way I can fix the spacing of the tabs? I would like for the tabs to appear on my site as they did in the preview.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 04:07 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
it has to do with the margin-right rule in the CSS selector 'ul.sidebarTabs a {' This is probably in the plugin's style sheet.

This was found using firebug with firefox - a great resource you should learn to use,
Old Feb 17, 2011, 10:23 AM
lost_and_confused

3 posts · Feb 2011
I figured I had to make changes to the plugin's style sheet, but the plugin didn't come with a style sheet. All I saw was .js and .php files
Old Feb 17, 2011, 01:16 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
You should contact the plugin's author
Old Feb 18, 2011, 04:03 PM
lost_and_confused

3 posts · Feb 2011
I contacted the author and he fixed the problem for me. Here is the solution:

He said it was the css of the atahualpa theme:

div.widget ul li {
padding: 1px 5px 1px 14px !important;

I had to remove !important because it was overriding the instructions of the plugin.

[moderator note: This was in the users CSS Inserts]

Last edited by juggledad; Feb 18, 2011 at 06:38 PM.