Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

Most Recent Posts Slider: Pull From Each Category

Old Sep 13, 2012, 09:21 AM
theadventurebite

136 posts · May 2010
Most Recent Posts Slider: Pull From Each Category

Okay so I finally figured out how to get the most recent post from multiple categories to pull properly.

This is the most basic of basic index.php to do this and pull it into the loop.

Code:
<?php
get_header();
?>
      <div id="content">
      <?php
  // array of category IDs
  $categories =  array(4, 5, 6);

foreach ($categories as $cat) :
    $post = false;
    $post = get_posts('cat='.$cat.'&posts_per_page=1');
    if($post) :
      $post = $post[0];
      setup_postdata($post);
       get_template_part('content',get_post_format());
      ?>
    <?php endif; ?>
  <?php endforeach; ?>
      </div>

<?php get_sidebar(); ?>
   <?php get_footer(); ?>
What I am trying to do is get the Most Recent Posts Slider to have this functionality.

I am so basic at php that I am struggling to know where to take this code and insert it.

I know it's not a ton but I would be willing to donate $10 to anyone who can help me get this put where it needs to go.

Thanks!

Dani
Old Sep 13, 2012, 09:28 AM
theadventurebite

136 posts · May 2010
I do not need it to function in the output fields in the Setting areas or have that aspect cleaned up after removing other variables, etc. I just need it to function properly, I can handle editing categories that are pulled etc, if I ever need to change them in the code itself.

Thanks