Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

Changes in style.css will be overwritten // overall colour change

Old Oct 18, 2012, 01:37 AM
Joei

1 posts · Oct 2012
Colors Changes in style.css will be overwritten // overall colour change

Hi,

I tried to change the colour scheme of the theme and figured out to replace the colour codes in the css menu in the theme options. But this is rather boring, I would prefer to "find and replace" in the overall css file. But whenever I do this, all changes will be overwritten again

I wasn't able to figure out where the CSS sniplets from the options menu are saved - maybe this would be an option?!?

Another option would be a "colour-scheme" menu item in the options where you can replace the colour...

thx and cheers
Joei
Old Oct 18, 2012, 05:12 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
all the options are stored in the database. In addition, a 'style.css' is stored in 'uploades/montezuma' folder - this is used for runtime. However each time you change the theme and hit save, the 'style.css' file will be rewritten with the values stored in the DB.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 03:10 PM
jerryc

367 posts · Oct 2012
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joei
I tried to change the colour scheme of the theme and figured out to replace the colour codes in the css menu in the theme options. But this is rather boring, I would prefer to "find and replace" in the overall css file. But whenever I do this, all changes will be overwritten again

I wasn't able to figure out where the CSS sniplets from the options menu are saved - maybe this would be an option?!?
I use the Lazyest Stylesheet plugin, instead of editing any of the theme css files. Anything in the lazyest stylesheet will override the theme styles.

It would be nice if Montezuma included something like this.

Quote:
Another option would be a "colour-scheme" menu item in the options where you can replace the colour...
Having the colors in separate color scheme css files, separate from the other css, would be great! Creative users could post various color schemes somewhere, like maybe on some part of this forum, and other users could pick and choose from them, without any knowledge of css. Moderators, how about an RFE for something like this, please?
Old Oct 18, 2012, 07:15 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Any changes you make to the css within the Montezuma theme options is saved in the database. You could put all your color codes in the various.css if you like instead of using the Lazyest plugin. Then you could export your settings as outlined in the Import/Export section to save.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 08:59 PM
jerryc

367 posts · Oct 2012
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmilesw
Any changes you make to the css within the Montezuma theme options is saved in the database. You could put all your color codes in the various.css if you like instead of using the Lazyest plugin. Then you could export your settings as outlined in the Import/Export section to save.
Of course. But the reason I like the lasyest concept, and I hope that montezuma will add such a feature, is that it keeps all the custom css in one place, and the reason I suggest all the color css in one place, and I hope montezuma will add such a feature, is that it makes it easier to find and change color schemes.

Last edited by jerryc; Oct 18, 2012 at 09:04 PM.