Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Comments, trackbacks & pings »

Author comment background to appear the same in all levels of commenting

Old Apr 25, 2009, 12:50 AM
perdox808

51 posts · Apr 2009
Melbourne, Australia
Send a message via Skype™ to perdox808
Hi Flynn.

When you get a chance, can you please help me with this post:

http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=1356

Thank you.
Old Apr 25, 2009, 05:41 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
The bypostauthor class is not being added to your sub level post author comments. I am not sure where you got your comments.php from but it looks like the one from Otto. Try using this comments.php from his site http://ottodestruct.com/comments.phps
Old Apr 25, 2009, 07:23 AM
perdox808

51 posts · Apr 2009
Melbourne, Australia
This is getting a little beyond me Flynn.

I have replaced the comment.php I had with the original one from the atahualpa theme. I have turned off the Greg's Threaded Comment Numbering plugin. So that I think brings me back to square one.

Now, the first and 2nd levels of my comments are in the background color I have chosen in Comments panel in the theme options.

Why isn't the color kept in the 3rd and 4th levels? All I've changed in my CSS Inserts is the indentation of the various levels.

ul.commentlist li ul.children li.depth-2 {
margin-top: 6px;
margin-left: 66px;
border-top: solid 1px #0000cc;
padding-top: 9px;
}
ul.commentlist li ul.children li.depth-3 {
border-top: solid 1px #cc0000;
}
ul.commentlist li ul.children li.depth-4 {
border-top: solid 1px #0000cc;
}

Please see the page: http://theperdoxrant.com/2009/04/20/...igitize-books/ for the effect I'm getting now.

Flynn, I know I have pestered you about the comments for a while, but I am almost there. This is what Greg wrote to me about getting the threaded numbering working.

Quote:
@Perdox — Your theme does not use the standard built-in WordPress comment walking class by itself, but rather extends it with some additional custom code. Therefore, I would recommend caution when replacing anything that might result in breaking the custom code extensions.

From a very cursory look, it appears that the theme’s default callback function is contained in the file bfa_comment_walker.php, starting around line 94. You could try modifying it by inserting a direct call to gtcn_comment_numbering, as described in the advanced usage instructions.

Alternatively, you might try giving the name of the basic callback function gtcn_basic_callback in the array which the theme is passing to wp_list_comments, rather than the null which is there now.

My best suggestion, though, would be to contact the author of the theme directly and ask them to support the plugin when the plugin is active. That way, the theme author can integrate the numbering functionality into the theme seamlessly, preserving their own custom modifications to the WordPress core code, without someone else like me coming along and trying to guess what to tweak where in order to work with the modifications — and possibly messing up all their hard work in the process.
All the best,
Greg

Can you please tell me (in a step by step fashion) what files to alter and what to change so I don't screw things up?

I would really appreciate it if you could. Thanks again.
Old Apr 27, 2009, 10:08 PM
perdox808

51 posts · Apr 2009
Melbourne, Australia
Flynn, any suggestions? I haven't seen a reply for this.
Old Apr 27, 2009, 10:22 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Sorry for the delay, Greg

The 3rd and lower level issue may be a bug. I am looking into this tomorrow
Old May 1, 2009, 06:40 AM
perdox808

51 posts · Apr 2009
Melbourne, Australia
Have you had a chance to look at this Flynn. Sorry about the confusion. Greg is the guy that replied to me on his website. I didn't include his name in the quoted block. It was me that posted the query.
Old May 1, 2009, 06:08 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
I am at it. I'll include a fix in 3.3.3 which I 'll release this weekend