Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

Color schemes

Old Jun 22, 2009, 01:28 PM
ardee

11 posts · Jun 2009
Lightbulb Color schemes

Hi,

There are sites (like colorschemedesigner dot com) that help someone pick a coordinated color scheme for their site. I found a web API that will give you a set of hex values for all your colors, given certain paramaters. (One time, you manually pick some color-theory-based settings and preferences and it gives you a scheme ID; henceforth you give it a scheme ID and it gives you back, via HTTP, all the colors for that scheme.)

What's the quickest way to inject a whole coordinated set of hex colors into a site based on the Atahualpa theme? Is there any way to set it up (one-time effort) so that subsequent new schemes can be installed without having to manually edit a large number of places (CSS entries)?

EDIT:

More specifically, is there a repeatable/programmatic (or other quick) way to get the color values from an array like this:

Code:
Array (
    [col1] => primary,230-66-23,143-80-63,109-25-3,249-138-109,249-191-176
    [col2] => secondary-a,230-97-23,143-92-63,109-41-3,249-159-109,249-202-176
    [col3] => secondary-b,227-23-28,142-62-64,108-3-5,248-109-112,248-176-177
)
...into the corresponding CSS entries?
[NOTE: they will actually be standard hex color codes, not decimal R-G-B values as in the demo result above.]

EDIT: Further clarification: First choice would be a single place to just dump the array "as is", but of course probably no WP theme has that! Second choice, I guess, would be a list of all the color entries, all near each other, so that one could copy the hex values to a small block of CSS and have then override the corresponding CSS entries sprinkled around the site.

Do you have a list of all the CSS entries that constitute all the ingredients of the "color scheme?"

Thank you!

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't see the "general" forum. I should have posted this there instead. If I knew how to move it, I would.

Last edited by ardee; Jun 22, 2009 at 02:01 PM.
Old Jun 22, 2009, 08:53 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
there are 30 places in the style.css and over 100 places where color can be set in the options, plus the fact that that thru CSS inserts yo can change others and this could extend to plugins that you activate.
If you want a programmatic method of inserting all the colors, I'd suggest setting them all, then do an SQL dump of the wp-option table looking for all entries starting with BFA (you can just dump those entries - search the forum for export.php)

At that point, you could decide which option should fall into which color scheme and then create SQL updates to change the colors.

I'm not trying to be funny, just trying to point out the amount of effort it would take. There is a post with a table of options and colors, but I can't find the post at the moment.
Old Jun 23, 2009, 01:02 PM
ardee

11 posts · Jun 2009
Thanks! I can just modify the color values in the database directly, right? (That seems to be a good, compact place where they're all near each other.)

EDIT:

This query seems to give me all relevant rows:

SELECT * FROM `wp_options` WHERE `option_name` LIKE 'bfa%' AND (`option_name` LIKE '%color%' OR `option_value` LIKE '%color%' OR `option_value` LIKE '%#%')

Last edited by ardee; Jun 23, 2009 at 01:15 PM.
Old Jun 23, 2009, 03:01 PM
fromtheranks

149 posts · Apr 2009
Dev Env't: XP Pro SP3, IIS 5.1, MySQL 5.1, PHP 5.2.x, WP 2.7.1, Atahualpa 3.3.3, IE 7, FF 3.0.x
Juggledad,

Quote:
There is a post with a table of options and colors, but I can't find the post at the moment.
Was this the post to which you were referring? The second reply in this thread has a link to an XLS (CVS) that contains the primary style points.

http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=2062

Hope this helps.

Last edited by fromtheranks; Jun 23, 2009 at 03:39 PM.
Old Jun 23, 2009, 05:37 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
fromtheranks
That's the one! I knew you would add a link to it. Thanks!

ardee
sure you can do it that way, I'll be interested in how it goes. Please report your progress.

Last edited by juggledad; Jun 23, 2009 at 05:40 PM.
Old Jun 27, 2009, 02:27 PM
fromtheranks

149 posts · Apr 2009
Dev Env't: XP Pro SP3, IIS 5.1, MySQL 5.1, PHP 5.2.x, WP 2.7.1, Atahualpa 3.3.3, IE 7, FF 3.0.x
Juggledad,

I ran across a couple of minor updates to my styles XLS last night. If I update this to my attachements with the same file name, will it replace the existing copy that's been already attached and linked too?

Thanks in advance.