Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

Upgrade from Atahualpa 3.3.2 to 3.4

Old Oct 6, 2009, 08:37 AM
coaxkid

10 posts · Apr 2009
I'm relatively new at this, so my question may be obvious.

I'm currently using Atahualpa 3.3.2, wen I activate any version of 3.4, my site becomes all messed up. The format is off, I lose graphics and sidebar plugins.

Is there a format file or other files i should be copying into the 3.4 folder that contains the info?

I'm sure I'm forgetting to do something obvious.

Thnaks.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 09:46 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
How did you do the upgrade? It is a simple matter
1) download the latest version and unzip it - this should give ou a flder called 'atahualpa344' or 343 or 342 depending on the folder
2) If you added any images to the 'images/header' folder copy them in to the new version (atahualpa/images/header)
3) upload the folder (atahualpa344) to your host in the wp-content/themes' folder.
4) go to the site dashboard->appearances->themes and activate the new version

All the settings from the previous release should be there. NOTE, if you hard coded any url's you may want to review that they are still correct.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 11:49 AM
coaxkid

10 posts · Apr 2009
Thanks for the prompt reply.

I installed as you instructed, however, I think I need to move the header images.

Still, all the side bar info such as polls, stock quotes, etc. disappear when I active the new version.

Much appreciated!
Old Oct 7, 2009, 05:24 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
what's the url?