Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Clickable rotating header image with CrossSlide fade

Old Feb 14, 2011, 04:50 PM
Aubergine

15 posts · Sep 2009
Maryville, TN
Took me some time to figure this out, so thought I'd share. Seems to work with standalone or multi-site. If Rotate Header Images is selected and Fade is set to a number greater than 0, the Clickable option is lost because the entire #imagecontainer div is replaced by the CrossSlide fade script. To get it back, an href argument must be passed to the script. To do that, edit the jQuery line that appends crossSlide in ATA's js.php file. Using echo() inside the implode() function causes an error, but a variable works, so it is created in the PHP block above the jQuery code.

The modified code:

Code:
<?php if (strpos($bfa_ata['configure_header'],'%image')!== FALSE AND 
$bfa_ata['header_image_javascript'] != "0" AND $bfa_ata['crossslide_fade'] != "0") { $homeURL = get_bloginfo('url'); ?>

jQuery('div#imagecontainer')
	.crossSlide({sleep: <?php echo $bfa_ata['header_image_javascript']; ?>,fade: <?php echo $bfa_ata['crossslide_fade']; ?>},[
	{ href: '<?php bloginfo('url') ?>', src: <?php echo implode( " },\n{ href: '$homeURL', src: ", bfa_rotating_header_images() ); ?> }
	]);

/*  There's a comment in the js.php file here. Just leave it alone.*/
<?php } ?>
The original code:

Code:
<?php if (strpos($bfa_ata['configure_header'],'%image')!== FALSE AND 
$bfa_ata['header_image_javascript'] != "0" AND $bfa_ata['crossslide_fade'] != "0") { ?>
	jQuery('div#imagecontainer')
	.crossSlide({sleep: <?php echo $bfa_ata['header_image_javascript']; ?>,fade: <?php echo $bfa_ata['crossslide_fade']; ?>},[
		{ src: <?php echo implode( " },\n{ src: ", bfa_rotating_header_images() ); ?> }
	]);
	/* There's a comment here. */
<?php } ?>
On a standalone WordPress site, you can get by with typing the url of your blog for the href instead of using bloginfo('url') and $homeURL. Using the built-in WP variable $home_url did not work for me, but I may have used it incorrectly.

Standalone example: webbishdesigner.com
Multi-site blog: greenehamlet.com
Old Feb 15, 2011, 05:13 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
The original code is
in version 3.5.3 lines 68-74
in version 3.6.1 lines 91-97
in version 3.6.4 lines 91-97

Note: this fix will ONLY correct the clickable rotating/fading image.
The fade in/out still causes issues with:
- 'jumping image' - the image seems to shift when first displayed
- The blog/tag overlay is overlayed.
The cause seems to be that the jquery code does not respect the z-index of elements set by CSS
Old Feb 12, 2012, 09:15 AM
sharward

1 posts · Aug 2011
Sacramento, California
Thanks so much for taking the time to post your findings, Aubergine. You saved me a lot of time and headache.

Juggledad, will this code change be posted as a patch and ultimately added to a forthcoming release?