Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Excerpts, Read more, Pagination »

Feature a page in a widget?

Old Feb 11, 2013, 05:13 PM
tixcoca

43 posts · Oct 2010
Can I display a page containing a Juggledad's multi column/custom query set in a widget?

Thanks
TXC
Old Feb 11, 2013, 05:26 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
if you have a widget that can display a page, I suppose it will work.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 05:40 PM
tixcoca

43 posts · Oct 2010
I have tried a few but no luck yet..
Old Feb 12, 2013, 03:07 AM
tixcoca

43 posts · Oct 2010
The thing I want to achieve is to display the excerpts on 'single post' below the post. I thought it could be managed with a widget in the footer but then the design of excerpts changes, so.. is there another way?

TXC
Old Feb 12, 2013, 04:17 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Quote:
The thing I want to achieve is to display the excerpts on 'single post' below the post.
you will have to elaborate, I have no idea what you mean.
excerpts of what?
below what post, the single posts?
Old Feb 12, 2013, 04:40 AM
tixcoca

43 posts · Oct 2010
On the home page I use your multi-column with three sections with one post excerpt in each section.

Below the full posts single page I would like a row of post excerpts to be displayed the same as they are on home page.

That's what i meant with using a footer widget to display the excerpts.

Thanks again
TXC

Last edited by tixcoca; Feb 15, 2013 at 02:54 AM.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 04:53 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
why not add a footer widget area and add something like the Carousel Horizontal Posts Content Slider to it?. If you want it at the bttom of the content area, you could put the widget code in 'index.php' at teh bottom of the loop.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 05:06 AM
tixcoca

43 posts · Oct 2010
ok I will try that but one question, what about the design of the excerpts, will it remain? I guess I will see...
thanks!