Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

Chipin Widget cutting off/resizing in theme

Old Jan 24, 2013, 06:45 PM
CreateMoreDesigns

2 posts · Jan 2013
I am trying to add a Chipin widget to the sidebar but it keeps resizing and cutting it off, as you can see on the sidebar here:

This is what the widget is supposed to look like: http://helpaarontoday.chipin.com/video-game-contests

and here is the embed code:

Code:
<embed src="http://widget.chipin.com/widget/id/b3e2b4062a997c4e" flashVars="color_scheme=blue" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="always" wmode="transparent" width="250" height="250"></embed>
I even tried adding it to a page/post and it did the same thing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 07:50 PM
jerryc

367 posts · Oct 2012
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreateMoreDesigns
I am trying to add a Chipin widget to the sidebar but it keeps resizing and cutting it off.
Are you using the css grid system? You may need to widen the sidebar. You can configure it however you want from dashboard > montezuma options > css, as long as your total in each row adds up to 12. I think the default layout is 9 content, 3 sidebar. Try 8-4 and 7-5 and see what looks best with your widget.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 07:55 PM
CreateMoreDesigns

2 posts · Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryc
Are you using the css grid system? You may need to widen the sidebar. You can configure it however you want from dashboard > montezuma options > css, as long as your total in each row adds up to 12. I think the default layout is 9 content, 3 sidebar. Try 8-4 and 7-5 and see what looks best with your widget.
I'll give that a try. It's just puzzling because there are other widgets that are displaying wider than it is. And it's not cutting off left to right, it's cutting off the bottom and making it not as wide as it's supposed to be. The same thing happens when I insert the code into a post, where the length/width is well above 250 x 250
Old Jan 24, 2013, 08:20 PM
jerryc

367 posts · Oct 2012
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreateMoreDesigns
I'll give that a try. It's just puzzling because there are other widgets that are displaying wider than it is. And it's not cutting off left to right, it's cutting off the bottom and making it not as wide as it's supposed to be. The same thing happens when I insert the code into a post, where the length/width is well above 250 x 250
Try inspecting each element with firebug and see what the css says. Also try wrapping it in a div large enough to fit it. I had a similar problem with youtube embeds, and the wrapper solved it.