Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Content not showing on main page

Old Apr 20, 2010, 04:40 PM
freedomrains

6 posts · Apr 2010
Hi I'm new to wordpress and atahualpa, i just installed everything and made two posts on my blog. I've checked all the atahualpa theme setting options but I can't see where to enter body content.....it's still blank with a head line that i must have entered during setup that i cannot figure out now how to re edit that either.... how to i populate the body area of the home page?? Thanks!
Old Apr 20, 2010, 05:36 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
did you publish your posts?
Old Apr 20, 2010, 08:35 PM
freedomrains

6 posts · Apr 2010
Yeah, they show up in the right column under recent posts and are showing published in my control panel under 'posts' where it shows you the time published etc... The main body on the main page is just showing this head line i remember writing sometime during setup but i cannot even remember where or how to get to it/change it or even add to the body.....
Old Apr 21, 2010, 04:27 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
what version of Atahualpa and WP?
What is the url?
what do you have set at dashboard->settings->Reading->Front page displays?
Old Apr 22, 2010, 04:37 AM
freedomrains

6 posts · Apr 2010
I believe it's the latest version of atahualpa, i just installed it 2 days ago....
If I go to dashboard > reading > i don't see a front page setting but it says it displays 10 , 10 etc, its all the defaults i believe i haven't changed anything.....
my blog url is : http://www.ultraluxfx.com/blog
Old Apr 22, 2010, 04:50 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
what do you have set at
1) dashboard->settings->general->WordPress address (URL)
2) dashboard->settings->general->Blog address (URL)
3) dashboard->settings->Reading->Front page displays
your 'Reading' settings page should look like this, if it doesn't you have another issue
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 9.png
Views:	2119
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	477
Old Apr 22, 2010, 12:56 PM
freedomrains

6 posts · Apr 2010
both URLs in settings - general are: www.ultraluxfx.com/blog
When I go to settings > reading , i don't see any options for "front page displays", this could be the problem as i have no way to change it if i can't find it .... this is the only settings it shows under settings >reading :
Blog pages show at most 10 posts
Syndication feeds show the most recent 10 posts
For each article in a feed, show full text
For each article in a feed, show

Full text
Summary
Encoding for pages and feeds UTF - 8
Old Apr 22, 2010, 02:34 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
who is your host?
is this wordpress single user or multi user?
what version of wordpress? (should show in the dashboard)
Old Apr 23, 2010, 04:50 AM
freedomrains

6 posts · Apr 2010
I actually forget who my host is , its a small company
WordPress 2.9.2. is the version stated in my dashboard
I don't know how to tell if its single or multi user
Old Apr 23, 2010, 06:08 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
It's possible that the host may have modified some of the wordpress code...

Swap to the default theme (you won't loose any of your Atahualpa settings) and see if you still have a problem. If you do, get on the phone with your host and talk to them about this
Old Apr 26, 2010, 08:43 PM
freedomrains

6 posts · Apr 2010
I talked to my host guy but as I imagined he didn't touch anything....
I'm not sure how he would have been able to have any affect on the coding because it was like this since I installing it......
I changed back to the default them and it does the same thing..I really appreciate your help...would you happen to have any other suggestions?
Also , the content area has changed some how, instead of having a headline that i wrote somewhere along the way during setup, it says now:
Not Found

Sorry, but you are looking for something that isn't here.

my blog link again is http://www.ultraluxfx.com/blog

I think the uneditable text that was there could have been the same as the <title> on the page if that helps, i'm hoping you might know since it's changed a little now to not found, also I haven't made any changes or additions just the simple theme switch test that you said to try...
Old Apr 27, 2010, 05:03 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Send me a PRivate Message with an admin ID and password and I'll poke around