Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Home page - 4 to 6 containers on home page based on category

Old Oct 11, 2010, 01:00 AM
hmeguro

1 posts · Oct 2010
New to Worldpress and not very knowledgeable in general regarding coding.

What I did want to create on the home page was 4-6 containers which would be for the 4 - 6 categories I plan to have. In each container, I would have a short description of the post which then can click to see the full post.
Old Oct 11, 2010, 05:50 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
There is a thread in the gold forums tutorials explaining how to use the template (attached to the thread) to create a custom query. You could tell wordpress just to display six posts on the front page and then modify the template to the query you want (something like 'cat=33') and it should do the job for you.

You could also look for a plugin that could do the job. Experiment, experiment and play around. That is the best way to learn Atahualpa and Wordpress.

Also, create a test site that you can mess up at will. This is where to play and test and screw up without the danger of taking the real site down.

One other thing - BACKUP YOUR DATABASE before doing anything major!!! That way if you mess uup you can recover it...oh and while you are playing with your test site, back it up and then recover it so you know how tom do it (check out the 'wp-dbmanager' plugin)