Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

qTranslate performance problems

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Mar 22, 2010, 04:48 PM
DSmidgy

10 posts · Jan 2010
Options qTranslate performance problems

Hi,

I have some performance problems with qTranslate and Atahualpa. I read one post (of which I can not find the link) that suggested the incompatibility between the two.

I also did some performance testing. I came to the same conclusion that qTranslate or Atahualpa by itself work OK but together it's a performance hog.
Here are the conclusions of the testing I did if it will be of any help.

On my girl's blog I found out that there are two weak points:
- loading posts (i didn't look further into this),
- loading category menus on the top of the page.

Some statistics:

Pageload for Atahualpa + qTranslate = 2s
- of this categories = 0,5s
- posts (6 excerpts) = 0,5s
- qTranslate = 1,2s ; 9300 queries

Pageload for Atahualpa = 1s
- categories = 0,16s
- posts = 0,4s

Pageload for qTranslate = 1s;
- of this for qTranslate = 0,3s ; 3400 queries

To where I digged:
- atahualpa/index.html (post are in while loop, categories in "get_header" function);
- get_header opens atahualpa/header.php, in which the "bfa_header_config" causes most delays;
- bfa_header_config opens atahualpa/functions/bfa_header_config.php and calls "bfa_hor_cats";
- atahualpa/functions/bfa_hor_cats.php calls wp_list_categories.
If I comment this line, page loads significally faster.
I experimented in qtranslate_hooks.php with some success, but in the process the URLs in the categories got corrupted.

Best regards,
Dominik