Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Marketplace » Customization, Design, Programming... »

Help me figure out how to turn off page titles on one page only

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Aug 26, 2009, 01:56 AM
mkhobson

26 posts · Aug 2009
Oregon City, OR
Help me figure out how to turn off page titles on one page only

Meet my blog:
www.demimonde.com/blog

The Problem To Be Solved:
I want page titles to appear on only ONE page of the whole blog--the page called "Journal", which is page_id '48'. On all other pages, there should be no titles.

Background Information:

According to http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=1334, accomplishing this seemed to be easy in versions prior to 3.4.1. Several commenters (from about post 21 on) asked how to solve this problem in 3.4.1, and no one has come up with any answers. The key to solving the problem seems to be in Appearance>Atahualpa Theme Options>"Style & Edit Column" tab. In the "The Loop" box, commenting out the "bfa_post_headline" function results in all the headlines being turned off sitewide. So far so good. However, nothing else I've tried to implement an "if/else" solution (so that page 48, and ONLY page 48 has titles turned on) has worked. Here is the code I cobbled together:

<?php if ( is_page('48') ) { ?>
<?php bfa_post_kicker('<div class="post-kicker">','</div>'); ?>
<?php bfa_post_headline('<div class="post-headline">','</div>'); ?>
<?php bfa_post_byline('<div class="post-byline">','</div>'); ?>
<?php } else { ?>
<?php bfa_post_kicker('<div class="post-kicker">','</div>'); ?>
<?php bfa_post_byline('<div class="post-byline">','</div>'); ?>
<?php } ?>

I'm wondering if the solution will have to go all the way down to an edit of the bfa_post_parts.php file, where the post_header function is defined, but given that my PHP skills are lousy, I'd need help with that.

So. Any takers? How much?