Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Marketplace » Customization, Design, Programming... »

[SOLVED] Help! Will pay for Vertical multi level flyout menu

Old Aug 6, 2009, 03:30 PM
lhanft

88 posts · Jul 2009
Cleveland, OH
After months of not having much of an opinion about anything, the nonprofit client I'm building this site for (and doing it pro bono, too) has suddenly decided that she doesn't want the horizontal page navigation. She MUST have a vertical nav menu with flyout submenus. (She wants it to look like this site's navigation.)

I devoted a full day to trying to set up a vertical menu based on the instructions in this thread: http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=1235.

Actually, I got it to work in part, but when the submenus flew out, they appeared way high on the page, nowhere near the top level navigation. I couldn't figure out whether I'd messed up the css for the nav menu, or whether the nav menu css was clashing with some other code.

So I'd like to know how much you (you being Flynn, juggledad or anyone else reading this with the requisite know-how) would charge to build the vertical multilevel flyout menu and guide me through integrating it into my Atahualpa.

Sadly, I need to get this resolved within the next week. The client is so adamant about the vertical menu that if I can't get it done in Atahualpa, I'll have to switch themes. Which I really, really don't want to do, partly because I've invested so much time into learning it but also because I don't know of any other theme that's this versatile and can be configured so many different ways.

So, today is Thursday, August 6. If you're interested, please let me know before Monday how much it will cost and how long you think it might take.

Thanks,
L.
Old Aug 10, 2009, 04:03 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
would this work for you? http://users.tpg.com.au/j_birch/plug...rfish/#sample3
Old Aug 10, 2009, 04:21 PM
lhanft

88 posts · Jul 2009
Cleveland, OH
Yes, that would work fine. Is there any problem using rmenus and SOSmenus in the same setup?
I had the idea that the simplest thing would be to take the existing rmenu-horizontal and make it vertical, but I didn't get too far with that because I didn't know how to control the flyout action.
Old Aug 10, 2009, 04:57 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
The reason I posted this was the last post here http://wordpress.org/support/topic/170573
Also check out the answer from Flynn here http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=1153
Old Aug 10, 2009, 07:16 PM
lhanft

88 posts · Jul 2009
Cleveland, OH
Okay, so here's my confusion about how to implement this solution.

I've never used a WP theme remotely like Atahualpa. As far as I can tell, the HTML & CSS in Atalhualpa is rendered using objects & arrays, about which I know next to nothing. All the functions and function calls on index.php seem to be custom. There's hardly anything I recognize from my tinkering in other themes.

So, if I want to use the Superfish and the hoverIntent javascript, which do I put the code? Can I just stick it as is in, say, the existing header.php file?

Thanks for taking the time to help me.
L.