Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] Weird Header image behavior

Old Jan 30, 2011, 12:50 PM
Cheers

105 posts · Jun 2010
I have a problem with the header area of a new site I am building. Can't figure out what is wrong. For some reason, when I scale the horizontal width of the browser window (firefox 3.6.13) the header juts out wider than the body of the site? Website is http://wine-insights.com Any help appreciated.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 04:29 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
You can either set a static width to the site or you will have to play around with the CSS for the search, rss, and comments icons and fields. You have several absolutely positioned items which can be tricky work with. This won't fix your problem but if you add the following to ATO>Add HTML/CSS Inserts>CSS Inserts the header won't jut out when resizing but the icons are now not positioned correctly but maybe it will point you in the right direction.
HTML Code:
td.feed-icons {
position: absolute;
}
Old Jan 30, 2011, 05:22 PM
Cheers

105 posts · Jun 2010
That got rid of the jutting out of the header, but now the feed icons and labels have all disappeared? But we're getting closer. This coding is like magic.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 05:36 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
As I said it wouldn't fix your problem but point you in a direction. Sometimes this type of stuff takes playing around for awhile.

Last edited by juggledad; Jan 30, 2011 at 06:21 PM.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 07:23 AM
Cheers

105 posts · Jun 2010
Unfortunately, my knowledge of php coding is scant at best. Any suggestions as to what I would tweak?
Old Jan 31, 2011, 07:43 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
You wouldn't have to tweak any PHP. This could all be done with CSS. I use Firebug with Firefox which let's you virtually test CSS. That is what I used to get that code I posted. I just used Firebug to get the following which might work for you. Just put it in ATO>Add HTML/CSS Inserts>CSS Inserts
HTML Code:
td.feed-icons {
white-space: nowrap;
position: relative;
top: 0;
left: 0;
}
Old Jan 31, 2011, 07:46 AM
Cheers

105 posts · Jun 2010
Achh! I'm a genius!! A code monkey!
This is what I added and it worked (shock of shocks!)

td.feed-icons {
position: absolute;
top 65px;
left: 0px;
}
Old Jan 31, 2011, 07:52 AM
Cheers

105 posts · Jun 2010
I replied before I realized that you had provided the answer. So, I tried your code and it brought the icons back but unfortunately the header again jutted out. So, I went back to the code that I stumbled upon. It works perfectly and the header doesn't jut out when you adjust the horizontal size of the browser window.

Last edited by Cheers; Jan 31, 2011 at 07:59 AM.