Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

[SOLVED] 3.4.2: where to make changes that used to be in index.php?

Old Jul 13, 2009, 10:24 AM
bcorrigan

85 posts · Feb 2009
Hi,

I'm updating from 3.2 to 3.4.2 and have to edit the 404 error message section and above the loop to exclude some categories from displaying on the home page. I am trying to find where that code is located in 3.4.2.

For the error message, in 3.2 in index.php the code was
PHP Code:
<h2><?php _e('Not Found','atahualpa'); ?></h2>
<p><?php _e("Sorry, but you are looking for something that isn't here.","atahualpa"); ?></p>
Where is this code now?

I use Dunstan-sty Error Page plug-in for an enhanced 404 error message and need to change it to:
PHP Code:
<?php if ( is_404() ) {
if (
function_exists('afdn_error_page')) afdn_error_page();
?>
and to exclude posts of certain categories on the home page, I need to add:
PHP Code:
<?php if ( is_home() AND !is_paged() ) {
query_posts($query_string "&cat=-145,-420,-435");
?>
above the loop.

Where the best place to put this code in 3.4.2?

thanks,

Bill
Old Jul 13, 2009, 10:48 AM
bcorrigan

85 posts · Feb 2009
I found the answer to my second question: ATO -> Content ABOVE the Loop.

Nice, now I don't have to make this edit at the next theme update.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 10:52 AM
bcorrigan

85 posts · Feb 2009
...and I found the solution to my first question: ATO -> Content IF NOT FOUND

so I can now update and not have to edit theme php files any more!

Thanks Flynn!