Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Subdividing tagline over two separate lines

Old Sep 27, 2010, 01:33 AM
RHCdG

170 posts · Nov 2009
Netherlands
Subdividing tagline over two separate lines

Hi,

I'd like to subdivide my blog's tagline over two separate lines, like so:

Hello [Blog Title]
I am fine [Tagline 1]
How are you? [Tagline 2]

Is there any way to accomplish this?

I asked this question before in another thread but that was for a previous version of Atahualpa.

Many thanks!

Last edited by RHCdG; Sep 27, 2010 at 02:12 AM.
Old Sep 27, 2010, 04:54 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
If you style the tagline width in ATO>Style & edit Header Area you can force the tagline to wrap. Just tweak it to the right width to wrap where you want.
Old Sep 27, 2010, 05:20 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Well Larry beat me to one answer, so here is my answer

The tag line is displayed using the WordPress function 'bloginfo('description');' so it gets displayed in one line. Now there is another WordPress function 'get_bloginfo();' and you can use 'description' to get the tag line and put it in a variable
HTML Code:
$tag_title= get_bloginfo('description');
and then you could use the 'substr()' function to split it where you want it.
HTML Code:
$tag_title= get_bloginfo('description');
echo (substr($tag_title,0,10) . '\n' . substr($tag_title,11);
and of course if you ever changed the tagline, you would have to edit this code and change the location of the split.

But, since you are going to have to change the code if you change the tagline, why not just replace the code that is getting the tagline, with your tagline. ie.
if you look at bfa_header_config.php lines 205-207 (version 3.5.3) you will see
HTML Code:
if ( $bfa_ata['blog_tagline_show'] == "Yes" ) {
     echo '<p class="tagline">'; bloginfo('description'); echo '</p>'; 
}
you could change it to
HTML Code:
     echo '<p class="tagline">tagline part 1<br>tagline part 2</p>'; 
}
This way you even save a little processing since you are not calling another function.
Old Sep 27, 2010, 06:48 AM
RHCdG

170 posts · Nov 2009
Netherlands
Thanks, Miles, and thanks, Juggledad, for your elaborate and impressive answer! However, it doesn't work
Do I need to turn off 'show blog title' in ATO>Style & Edit Header Area? The odd thing is, I did turn it off but it's still there! I also turned on the search box, but that one won't appear...

Oh, my website is at www.cornetsdegroot.com
And just to be sure, this is how lines 205-207 in the file bfa_header_config.php (version 3.5.3) now read:

echo '<p class="tagline">Volledig werk en blogbiografie<br>van R.A. (Rudy) Cornets de Groot</p>';
}

Last edited by RHCdG; Sep 27, 2010 at 06:52 AM. Reason: Providing URL and additional info
Old Sep 27, 2010, 07:28 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Did you try my answer? Maybe mine will win the contest.
Old Sep 27, 2010, 07:43 AM
RHCdG

170 posts · Nov 2009
Netherlands
Hi Miles,

Yes, that does work! However, I am a little concerned about different resolutions, monitor sizes, etc.

Should I specify the width in the Tagline box like so:

margin: 10;
padding: 15;
font-size: 1.6em;
font-weight: bold;
color: #000000;
width: 500px;

You see, I want to break off the tagline at a specific point in the sentence, like so:

"Volledig werk en blogbiografie<br>
van R.A. (Rudy) Cornets de Groot"

Thanks,
Rutger