Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

[SOLVED] how to remove white space between my header and posts?

Old May 28, 2011, 11:56 AM
kellystarr

2 posts · May 2011
My url is: faithpassedown.com. I'm using Atahualpa 3.6.4 and WordPress 3.1.2

There is a large white space underneath my header image, above where the posts begin. I want to remove it but can't figure out how.

When I go to ATO -> Various Content Items -> Add CSS inserts, the inserts are the default:
h1 { font-size: 34px; line-height: 1.2; margin: 0.3em 0 10px; }
h2 { font-size: 28px; line-height: 1.3; margin: 1em 0 .2em; }
h3 { font-size: 24px; line-height: 1.3; margin: 1em 0 .2em; }
h4 { font-size: 19px; margin: 1.33em 0 .2em; }
h5 { font-size: 1.3em; margin: 1.67em 0; font-weight: bold; }
h6 { font-size: 1.15em; margin: 1.67em 0; font-weight: bold; }

ATO-> Overall Style and Config -> Body Text and Links has default as well:
font-family: tahoma, arial, sans-serif;
font-size: 0.8em;
color: #000000;
background: #ffffff;

I tried inserting padding-top: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; just to be safe, but that didn't have any effect.

Finally, under ATO -> Header Area -> style and edit header area, I changed the Height of Horizontal Bars 1 and 2 to 0px from 5px (the default), but that didn't change either (not sure if that's related, but one of the few places where I could find padding that is not already 0px.)

I've had some trouble before with the changes actually being there but my browser not refreshing, so I've been deleting my browsing history/cookies/cache, and that doesn't seem to be changing anything, so I don't think it's just a browser issue?

Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!
Old May 28, 2011, 12:06 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
that's the difference between the height of your header image and the the size you reserved for it in the ato->Header Image options
Old May 28, 2011, 12:31 PM
kellystarr

2 posts · May 2011
Solved it. Thanks!