Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

widget or container

Old Oct 14, 2012, 07:00 PM
stevinoz

61 posts · Sep 2012
Send a message via Skype™ to stevinoz
I initially thought I would put a widget on the page with two sections (in a table) one with a slideshow in, not realising that it would be that hard to find a slider that runs in an existing widget, would I be better off working out how to set a new container in that area and how would I do that in Atahualpa?
This slider is to show on front page only.

site: http://stevenpotter.com.au/test/
how it needs to look: http://stevenpotter.com.au/test/hirapic1.jpg
Atahualpa Version 3.7.9
WordPress 3.4.2
Old Oct 14, 2012, 07:37 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
What do you mean it's hare do find a slider that works in a widget. You can use shortcodes in a widget if you add a plugin that allows it. You can use PHP in widgets that support that and you can put HTML in the standard text widget. What else would you need?