Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

duplicate custom widgets

Old Feb 27, 2013, 11:21 AM
swimflyfast2

150 posts · Aug 2010
Horse Country in Virginia
I am wondering why several of my custom widgets seem to be appearing more then once on WP 'Widget Page' and ATO 'Add New Widget Areas' page. Wondering how it happened and how to get rid of them.

Atahualpa 3.7.10 WP 3.5.1
PHP Text Widget, Premium Slider, Simple Image Widget, Widget CSS Classes, WP Show IDs, WP Google Fonts, List Category posts, advanced youtube embed, Advanced Post list.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 11:22 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Quote:
why several of my custom widgets seem to be appearing more then once on WP 'Widget Page'
are these widgets you have coded yourself?
Old Feb 27, 2013, 11:28 AM
swimflyfast2

150 posts · Aug 2010
Yes (widget areas that I declared, The content does not duplicate ), not the standard ones from WP
Old Feb 27, 2013, 11:50 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
ok, now I'm confused.

Are you talking about widget areas or actual widgets?

if it is widget areas, did you ever change teh name of a widget area or the number of cells it has?
Old Feb 27, 2013, 01:12 PM
swimflyfast2

150 posts · Aug 2010
I just moved the site to a different sandbox I have changed widths and alignment but not names or number of items in widget areas.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 01:31 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
so we are talking about the widget areas?

how did you move the site?
Old Mar 8, 2013, 03:33 AM
swimflyfast2

150 posts · Aug 2010
I have moved 30 sites within the past few weeks so I don't think it is that. I created empty database at new location, copied root contents from original public_html to new one, exported the database and imported it to new empty database. I did play around a lot with the widget area that I created i.e. width, alignment. I moved one area ahead or behind another.
Old Mar 8, 2013, 04:47 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
ok, here is what you should try
1) do a db backup
2) go to dashboard->appearances->widgets and move all teh widgets out of your widget areas
- move them to the 'Inactive Widgets' area and the values will remain
3) go to ato->Add new WIDGET AREA->Delete custom Widget Areas
4) check off all the widget areas and click the 'Delete checked Widget Areas' link
5) go to dashboard->appearances->widgets and then view the front page of the site
6) go back to dashboard->appearances->widgets
see if there is just one copy of the widget area again. if so, move your widgets back in