Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Comments, trackbacks & pings »

Integrating GD-Star ratings into Comments.php

Old Jan 29, 2011, 05:09 PM
jtmeyer

4 posts · Jan 2011
Integrating GD-Star ratings into Comments.php

I'm having a bit of trouble integrating some plugin code into the comments.php file. I'm afraid my PHP skills aren't quite as up to snuff as I would like to imagine...

I have instructions to insert a couple small bits of code at specific lines in the default wordpress theme's comments.php file. Obviously the lines are quite different in the Atahualpa file!

At line 39:
Code:
<?php if (defined("STARRATING_INSTALLED")) : ?>
<div style="float: right">
<?php  wp_gdsr_comment_integrate_multi_result(get_comment_ID(), 4, 0, "crystal", 16); ?>
</div>
<?php endif; comment_text(); ?>
At line 83:
Code:
<?php if (defined("STARRATING_INSTALLED")) : ?>
<p><?php wp_gdsr_comment_integrate_multi_rating(1); ?>
<label for="url"><small>Rating</small></label>
</p><?php endif; ?>
The GD Star developer won't offer advice for specific themes, unfortunately. I'm hoping the friendly and knowledgeable friends here in the forums will be able to help.

If my explanation here isn't clear enough -- i'm trying to adapt the instructions listed on these two brief posts.

http://www.gdstarrating.com/2009/05/...integration-1/
http://www.gdstarrating.com/2009/05/...integration-2/

Again, thanks so much for any help you may be able to offer.